20k Special: Family Memories

An: Hello everyone! My apologies for this chapter coming out sorta late but as I said before I have lots of chapters in the works, and will be uploading them soon. So, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 20K ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!!

[Wilbur POV]

Blackstone walls still in the state of mid-construction surrounded a plot of land. A land that in the current time was on the brink of war, their revolution stirring conflict with a particular masked man on the opposing side.

"Sally please- you can't just leave. You could stay here, you could be protected here-"

I pleaded to my wife, practically begging her to stay even though I knew the dangers of her doing so.

"Will, you know why I have to. It's not safe for you, it's not safe for Fundy. I'll wouldn't be able to forgive myself if either of you got hurt because of my past actions."

She was right, she had explained it all to me days prior. As an ex-captain she still had many people holding a bounty over hear head, and even more with personal grudges that dedicated their lives to ending hers.

I sighed, hand reaching out to intertwine with hers. Pulling her into a tight embrace. I knew she had to go, she always was right. It wouldn't be safe for her to stay.

But I didn't know how much safer it would've been for her to go.

Pressing a gentle kiss to the top her head, she tilted my head downwards pressing our foreheads together.

"And what about you?" I asked, opening my eyes and pearling into hers.

"I can handle myself Will."

She could, she was always more than capable of managing her own self along with many others.

I sighed before continuing my plead, still hoping I could somehow change her mind. "Are you sure you'll be able to handle everything? Emphasizing everything, I placed one of my hands atop her stomach, she knew what I was referring to.

Sighing she looked down, placing her hand atop my own, then turning back to meet my gaze.

"I'll see to that when it comes, for now you stay and protect Fundy, continue the construction of L'manburg, I'll keep this one safe for as long as I'm gone."

~~~~

[Third person POV]

The young family danced around the floors of their home. A married couple and their first born child.

Holding her baby in her arms Sally laid her at the time daughter but soon to be son's head on her shoulder, allowing the toddler to sleep as she gently rocked him to the melody of the music.

The music itself being produced by her husband, Wilbur. He strummed his guitar, humming the tune of a song he still had in the works.

Once finishing the song he placed his guitar beside him, propping it against the couch he'd been sat on.

Sally joined him once she'd placed her son, Fundy into his cradle.

Once she took a seat beside Wilbur, he reached out his hands and interlaced his fingers with hers.

For the first time in a long time Wilbur's mind wasn't racing for adventure, for accomplishment. He was happy how he was in that moment, with the family he loved, assured they were safe.

Engaging in conversation with his wife his mind composed a thought. The monetary contentment vanishing.

"Darling?"

"Hmm?l

"Would you be opposed to having a bigger family?"

Sally turned to him, a faint smile and furrowed brows playing her expression as she answered him.

"Are you implying you want to have more kids?" Sally asked, chucking slightly.

"Unless you're uncomfortable with that. You know it's completely up to you and I would never want to force you-"

"Will." Sally interrupted his panicked tangent. "It's fine."

Readjusting herself on the couch she continued. "I'm not opposed to it, just not right now and not to many. You've seen how that goes with your father."

"Oh don't even get me started on Phil." Wilbur laughed.

Falling into a momentary silence Sally proposed another question.

"If we were to have another child, what would we name them?"

"You remember how much I talked up the name Eden." Will mentioned, reminding himself of him bringing it up long before Fundy was born.

"I do quite like that one. I feel it would fit a child more reminiscent of you than Fundy though." Sally turned her gaze to the wall in thought.

Letting about another laughs Wilbur picked up his guitar and started gently strumming the cords again. The cords to his in progress song that he'd recently named Saline Solution.

~~~~

Now years in the future Sally laid in the bathroom of her new house. Holding her new born baby in her arms after being forced to have them all on her own in her bathtub.

She was extremely exhausted but filled with joy as she peered down at her second child. They'd recently gone to sleep, being to tired to continue to cry after birth.

Gently caressing their face she recalled the memory of her and Wilbur's conversation from years ago. Deciding to let him have this one and name the child he hadn't been able to be there for the birth of.

"Sleep well my sweet Eden."