Chapter 20

An: The calm before the reunion. (:

[Eden POV]

The nightmares have started to ease up. That's a good thing. However it's more so because neither of us are sleeping, so I guess it isn't.

Tommy started chugging swiftness potions he'd find to keep him awake, while he thought about things, writing them down and scribbling them out like a physical copy of his own brain.

I'd just stay beside Mini Henry all night. Tommy would put me to bed, but I'd always be to scared to sleep if he wasn't there with me. We'd just stay up until one of us passed out.

I was mostly the one who'd fall asleep first. Waking up in my bed beside a sleeping Tommy.

One night I'd awoken in the same spot I'd fallen asleep in, sitting beside Mini Henry with my back to the wall.

When I looked up I'd seen Tommy, who was still awake. I don't think He'd slept at all that night.

Getting up, I gave M.H. a quick pat on the head before standing.

I headed over to Tommy's table, looking across the sea of crumpled up papers and scribbled out text I couldn't read.

"Good Morning Big E." Was Tommy's only response to seeing me up, ruffling my hair slightly as I stood beside him.

"Good morning Tommy."
I walked to the front room, gathering some food and bringing it back to Tommy.

Splitting the food, I gave half to Tommy as I ate the other, giving MH a bit of my bread.

With a small thanks Tommy ate the food, sighing before walking across the room, grabbing his backpack and shoving the remainder of his writings into a book, that he also shoved in his backpack.

Grabbing his coat Tommy turned to me, "We're going to Snowchester in a bit, go get your coat."

Giving him a nod in return I went to the closet and took out the Snowchester coat Tubbo had given me a while back. Still a bit big, but it worked.

Pulling the fluffy jacket over my white T-shirt and old back overalls, I grabbed Tommy's bandana and my shoes. Once I'd put the both on I bid farewell to MH and met Tommy at the door.

Taking our usual route to Snowchester, Tommy kept stairing at his feet while he walked. I could tell he was thinking about something but I still couldn't pinpoint what.

He got distracted when we arrived at Snowchester, going to see Tubbo and Ranboo.

I hadn't been paying attention to their conversation, I was looking up through the window trying to see if I could see Michael.

Once the three started going inside I raced after them, following them upstairs to Michael's room.

Michael was sitting on his bed drawing when we came in. I ran over to hug him, almost knocking him over.

Once we got back up Michael ran up from his bed, dragging me over to his bookshelf.

"So this thing is what keeps you and Ranboo together?" I heard a bit of Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo's conversation.

"I mean kinda."

"Don't hit him."

"I can pat him, surly."

I looked back at Tommy, sending him one of the most dead eye stares that I think I've ever given anyone.

And that must've worked considering his eyes widened a bit in surprise as he put his axe away, nervously chuckling to himself.

Turning back to Michael he had grabbed a few empty notebooks and crayons, sitting in his corner beckoning me over to join him.

I did, simply watching him scribble out small figures of his parents.

"Eden!"

I turned to Tommy who was almost halfway out of the room.

"I'm going to go somewhere with Ranboo, is that alright."

"Where are you going?"

"An old bunker, no one else will be there and Ranboo will be with me the whole time."

Hesitantly I nodded at him. He faintly smiled at me.

"Tubbo is downstairs and I'll be back to pick you up before sunset."

With that, he was gone.

Michael squeezed my hand, a concerned expression laced his face.

"I'm okay Michael. How's your drawing going?"

Quickly becoming excited Michael showed me the drawing that originated as a picture of Tubbo, Ranboo, and himself, was now a picture of Ranboo, Tubbo, Tommy, Michael, and me.

"Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ."

Unaware of the small bits of tears forming in my eyes I returned his gesture with a smile.
"Yeah Michael, we're family."

~~~~

[Third person POV]

Tommy and Ranboo had departed once Tommy settled Friend at his summer home. Once he'd arrived back at Snowchester he was greeted by Tubbo.

Given Tommy's solemn expression, Tubbo knew the mission to get Henry back hadn't gone to plan.

Deciding to steer their interaction into a happier note Tubbo continued, "Michael and Eden seem to be getting on well."

"Do they?"

"Yeah actually, They ran down here together to show me this."

Handing Tommy a piece of paper, he looked to the drawing.

A very simplistic drawing of Tubbo, Himself, Ranboo, Eden, and Michael was scribbled into the paper.

With the words "FAMILY" written across the top in Eden's messy handwriting.

"They drew this?"

Tubbo nodded.
Smiling Tommy handed the picture back to Tubbo, climbing up the ladder to Michael's room.

"Eden, I'm back it's time to-"

Tommy was cut off at the sight before him. The kids weren't there.
Instead there was a very poorly made blanket fort.

Fully entering the room Tommy crouched down in front of the fort, Tubbo following behind him. Pulling back one of the blankets, Tommy saw Michael and Eden, surrounded by pillows and drawings, both laid in the center of the pillows, sleeping.

Tubbo peering over Tommy's shoulder was trying his best to stay quiet, as to not wake them, fighting his urge to die over how adorable the scene in front of him was.

He would definitely tease Ranboo about missing this later.