10k Special: The Story of Eden [REDACTED]

An: THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!!!!! I'm gonna be honest when I originally wrote this chapter it was for 4 & 5k. I honestly am really appreciative for how much attention this story has gotten, I really hope this can show that. Know that I love and appreciate each and every one of you, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!

Additional An: This is set as a prequel to Chapter 1.

Tw: Mentions of blood, eating, amnesia, and potential death

[Eden's POV]

Soft humming accompanied my the feeling of a hand gently tracing my face stirred me from my sleep. Awaking in the room I had grown to know all my life.

My mother standing on her knees by my bedside, tracing my face with her fingers, resting her head atop her arms.

She smiled brightly, noticing that I was now awake, running her fingers through my hair.

"Good morning Sweetheart."

"Good morning Mama."

She slightly smoothed out my newly made bed head slightly as she stood.

"I made us breakfast, you come down and eat it when you're ready, okay?"

Nodding, Mom made her way out of my room.

I quickly rubbed all the previous sleepiness from my eyes as I lifted the covers from my body.

A pair of clothes had been neatly laid out on my desk, another thing mama greeted me with every morning.

Standing, I took the outfit and quickly changed, straightening my hair out fully, before heading out of my room.

I descended the stairs, now adorning a white button up covered by a dark blue sweater, paired with some simple black trousers.

Mom was playing another one of Dad's songs again, singing along to all the words as she cleaned up what she'd previously used to make breakfast.

"The roads are my home as horizon's my target"

"If I keep on moving, I'll never lose sight of it"

"Treating my memory of you like a fire"

"Let it burn out"

"Don't fight it"

"Try to move on"

Dad's voice was slightly distorted, due to the age of the record, and the amount of times it had been played. It makes sense though, this is her favorite.

She must've noticed my presence as she turned down the music and headed towards the table with me, the song still faintly playing in the background.

Thanking her for the food, I sat across from her and ate, listening to her tells tales of her time at sea. Having a mother that was previously a pirate made for amazing stories.

~~~~

A vast field surrounded the house Mother and I resided in, dandelions and daisies woven into the rich grass.

I laid in the field, starring into the sky. My eyes we're closed as a gentle breeze passed through the air.

Sound in the grass beside me had me open my eyes to see Mama laying next to me.

She held her hands together across her stomach, occasionally twisting the ring that adorned her left hand. It was her old wedding ring, the one she'd been given by Dad.

"Mama?"

"Yes honey?"

"When are we going to go see Dad?"