Chapter 13

Tw: Eating mention

[Eden POV]

I was surrounded by warmth, why was I warm? Slowly, my eyes fluttered open.

I shot up when I was greeted with an unfamiliar environment.

I was in a relatively small room, stone alining the walls, with a recently put out campfire by my side, the walls covered in double chests and barrels, and draped over my shoulders was a large blue cape, it looked slightly unfamiliar yet still like something I'd seen before.

The memories of Philza finding me in the woods hit me again as I pulled my hands out from underneath me.

Both had been rapped in bandages, these ones were different than the ones he'd originally wrapped them with. They didn't have any blood seeping through them.

I was still pretty weak and standing up was a bit difficult but the pain in my hands had gone down a substantial amount.

Once I'd fully steadied myself, I walked around the room, the blue cape being dragged behind me. The chain in between the bits of white fluff had been clipped across the middle, securing it on my form.

The barrels and chests were filled with various materials wood, stone, food...

...FOOD!

Remembering how long it's been since I've eaten I grabbed a baked potato out of the chest and practically scarfed it down. I hope Phil doesn't mind.
(An: Reminder to eat and drink water if you haven't already. Take care of yourself and remember you are loved.)

Once I felt my energy coming back I closed the chest.

Walking back over to the bed I saw my bag and Wilbur's beanie beside my bed.

I took off the cape and laid it on the bed as I looked through the bag. Everything was there, my potions, my crossbow, Will's jacket. The only other thing I checked for was Tommy's bandana, which was still tied around my neck.

I sat down on the bed, bag in hand as I mentally run through everything that had happened in the past couple days.

The opening of a trap door directed my attention away from my mind and to the ladder Phil climbed down.

"Hey mate, your sleep alright?"

A nod was all the response he needed before he came and sat next to me, moving the fluffy cape to the side.

"Alright I gotta ask you some things though?"

Another nod.

"First off, what's your name?"

"Eden."

Phil paused, his eyes widening slightly.

Clearing his throat, he continued.

"Alright Eden, how did you know who I was?"

"From Tommy."

Another pause.

"You know Tommy?"

"Of course I do."
~~~~

[Philza POV]

"Of course I do."

The small child in front of me, named Eden. Knew about me, from Tommy?

Confusion laced my brain.

"May I ask how you know Tommy?
I asked as Eden stained up at me, now realizing why I thought the red bandana around their neck seemed familiar.

"Tommy said he was going to the prison and he didn't come back home. I said he wouldn't be long but after 3 days I went looking for him myself. I got lost."

I pulled the young child into a hug, while I was slightly worried for Tommy, Eden was obviously hurt and scared.

Tommy could handle himself.

~~~~

[Eden POV]

Phil had brought me out of the room I'd awoken in, while I kept all my belongings in my bag, and kept my bag at my side.

We were located in the middle of a snow covered field, with a spruce forest to the side of it. Phil said that had apparently been the forest he found me in.

It was quite cold where we were so Phil took it upon himself to modify the cape of woken up with so it would actually fit me.

Once he's finished he gave it to me and I threw it over my shoulders, clipping the sides together.

Walking out of his house I starred across the porch to the connected house.

"Hey Phil?" I asked.

"Yeah?" Phil walked over to the doorway.

"Who's house is that?" I questioned, pointing across the porch to the house connected.

"Oh that's where Techno lives."

"Oh."

"Yeah I would recommend not going near it, he doesn't even know you're here." Phil chucked at the end of his statement, spiking my curiosity on how Technoblade interacted with people.

Me and Phil walked down the porch into the snow, I'm going with him to gather some materials for a meeting room he's building.

My hands had been wrapped in another set of bandages as to not damage the still healing wounds further.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairwell I was nearly knocked over by a swarm of crows that I'm pretty sure appeared out of thin air. I froze as they landed across my arms, some were on my shoulders, one had even landed on my head as they caw'd at me.

"No- chat stop that!"
Phil called after the birds, throwing a handful of what looked like bird seed on the floor beside him.

Most of them stopped cawing and went to the food while four of them stayed perched on me. One on my head, Two on my left arm, and one that had been flying by my head perched on my finger as I held it out to them.

Phil sighed, laughing slightly as he saw me petting the crow perched on my finger.

"Eden, this is chat. They're really just a flock of crows that follow me and won't leave."

I laughed as the last of the birds flew away, one turning around and dropping a shiny coin into my hand.

"Oh- thank you." I said glancing up at the crow.

The crow squawked happily and flew away with the rest of the crows.

"And they do that sometimes. But they seem to like you so that's good."

Pocketing the item me and Phil headed to a "stronghold" as he called it, apparently that's where this meeting room was located.