Chapter 18

An: AnOTHER ChaPTER TODAY! I'm really trying to catchup story wise so I'm speed running this stuff. More chapters are being worked on as I publish this so ENJOY!!!!!

Tw: Blood & Swearing

[Eden POV]

Me and Michael had spent most of the morning up in his room drawing. We mostly drew random things that came to mind, people we knew, each other, areas of the SMP, really whatever we wanted.

After a while Phil flew by to grab me, I'd been trying to learn combat so Techno was going to train me.

Once Phil brought me back to the base, Techno got armor, weapons, and set up a ender pearl stasis chamber in case of emergency.

We ventured out into the snow, going far enough away that any damage wouldn't be noticeable from the houses.

Once we arrived, Techno taught me the basics of all the weapons, Swords, Crossbows, Axes, Shields, regular bows, he even showed me how to disarm someone with a pickaxe.

"Hey Techno?"

"Yeah?"

"Why would you fight someone who had a sword with a pickaxe?"

Techno smirked slightly. "You never know when the circumstances might come to that."

It was a vague answer but it's was enough for me to just go with it.

Once he'd taught me how to use the weapons he had me test them, seeing what weapons I worked best and worse with.

Turns out I was a pretty good shot with a crossbow and had good enough reflexes to work a shield. Axes were okay but depending on the axe, I was either relatively okay, or it would be to heavy for me to carry. Swords were one of my worst, they were heavy and hard for me to be agile with. Even the ones that were lighter felt odd in my hands, I didn't like the way it preformed, or maybe just how I preformed with it.

Once I'd gotten a good handle on how to spar and how to work all the weapons, Techno simply lunged at me.

My reflexes failed me as I immediately fell to the ground, hitting my back on the hill beside where we were standing.

"First lesson, never let your guard down."

Getting back on my feet, Techno was simply stood in front of me, waiting.
"You could've warned me."

"There aren't any warning in war."

Right then he charged again, my instincts tried to side step the attack but Techno was much faster and stronger than me and still knocked me back down.

I tried sitting back up just to be knocked down again, by now I was assured I was going to be bruised somewhere.

"You're too slow, you need to be able to get back up the moment you're off your feet."

I only responded by quickly standing back up.

"You're tense, one important thing about combat is to be agile, you can't conduct smooth movements if you're all stiff."

Trying to relax my muscles while staying on guard, Techno knocked me down, again.

"Your form is sloppy, if you don't fix your stance anyone can knock you over."

That's how the training went, Techno would lunge at me. Then correct me on things before lunging at me again. I almost blocked him once, but then he side stepped his own attack and knocked me over again.

Regardless he kept going, I'm not sure for how long but it felt like forever. Techno's expression never changed the whole time. I also learned Techno would never really say if I did anything right, he would just go onto the next thing I had to fix.