Chapter 24

An: OH MY GOD IM BACK! I took a very unplanned couple weeks off writing to deal with some stuff going on in my life however I'm back now and really excited to start getting into writing for this book again, BUT YOOOOOO CHAPTER TIME! ENJOY!

Tw: Mentions of death
[??? POV]

In almost the dead of night, a knock rang out from the door, stopping me in my tracks.

Glancing between the sleeping child in my arms and the door, I gently set  them down in their crib. Once I'd made my way to the door I checked the peep whole, sword in hand.

My eyes widened as I saw who was at the door.

Tossing my sword to the side I swung the door open.

"Will?"

[Sally POV]

At first I was stuck in place, face to face with my husband.

"Hello my dear." He sheepishly smiled at me.

Taking his hand I pulled him inside, greeting him with a tight embrace.

"How did you get here? What- Where's Fundy? Why aren't you at L'manburg?"

"We won, we won our independence. Fundy stayed back, he didn't know I was coming."

Sighing I smiled up at him, cupping his face with my hands.

"You could come back now, Fundy misses you to no end, and it's safe. We have walls up and there's no fighting there. You would be safe there you and..?"

He glanced down, knowing what or more so, who, he was referring to I took his hand and walked to the nursery.

His eyes widened as he saw his youngest child, who was now awake at the presence of their father.

The moment they saw him their eyes lit up, they began laughing, arms reaching up at him.

Will carefully lifted them up, cradling them in his arms.

"They have your eyes, just like Fundy." Will turned to me, still holding our child.

"Yet they are very reminiscent of you, I can tell."

Carefully setting them back down in their cradle, Will turned back to me, taking my hands in his.

"Im so sorry."

"What do you have to be sorry for, darling?

"I wasn't there for you, you had to go through having them all on your own. I couldn't tell if you were safe or not. I wouldn't have ever forgiven myself if something had happened to you two."

Taking back one of my hands, I tilted his face up to meet my eyes.

"Will, I decided it would be better for me to go to protect you and Fundy. I was fully aware of the risks when I left. You haven't done anything wrong." From where we were standing, I heard Eden start babbling incoherent sounds.

Picking them up, I stood back in front of Will. They're small hand wrapped around Will's finger, holding his hand in the best way they could.

"What did you name them?" Will asked, his eyes still trained on Eden. A smile permanently plastered on his face.

"Technically you named them, Eden."

Will looked back at me, "Really?"

Nodding at him his smile returned, now brighter than ever.

"Hello Eden, my sweet Eden."
~~~~

[Eden POV]

Standing by the door, I watched Tommy pace the house, grabbing items and muttering to himself.