Chapter 29

Tw: Manipulation, Gambling, Panic Attacks, Swearing

[Eden POV]

The day Tommy came over to Snowchester, we'd spent the night at Michael's home. Tommy didn't have the heart to wake us up and leave Michael alone.

The next morning however, Tommy was able to get in contact with Ranboo. Resulting in him stopping by the house.

Shroud, Michael, and I played upstairs while Tommy and Ranboo talked downstairs.

From what I was told, Tommy wrote the letters "BM" on Ranboo's arm. The letters stood for "Big Mike", which is what Tommy had been referring to Michael as. Every time Ranboo would see it, it was to remind him to check on Michael and make sure he was okay. Given Ranboo has some memory problems you can't really blame him for.

Content with his solution, Tommy felt okay taking Shroud and I back home. However made it routine to go eat dinner with Michael each night, to take care of him and to give the kid something to look forward to, as Tommy put it.

Visiting Michael at night made it so I still had time to venture each morning, without having to worry about my best friend.

~~~~

Double checking my inventory, I headed out. It was a little later in the day due to Tommy making me eat breakfast before heading out, the sun was at a sort of 45 degree angle in the sky now.

Walking outside I turned to the left road rather than the right, which connected over to the center of the SMP, AKA the community house.

This road led to L'manburg, or what once was L'manburg.

The glass had been removed, vegetation having taken over the crater in the ground, a singular rope bridge connecting either side.

I found my body moving on my own, stopping at the edge of the devastation.

I really had wished I could've seen L'manburg, mom always spoke so highly of it, like it was a paradise you could only dream of. Though, Mother's knowledge on the nation was as good as mine. She didn't know the war that had taken place here.

At least, I don't think she did?

That part of my memory was still fuzzy, it hurt my head to think about. Lost in thought, I faintly smelt smoke. Looking up from the hole, I turned to the smell.

My eyes met with the tired eyes of my father.

He'd took another drag of his cigarette, before putting it out in the floor.

"Good Morning my love, enjoying the view?"
He walked over to me and sat beside me legs dangling off the side of the cliff.

"Good morning Dad."

I took a seat as well, not really answering his previous question.

A silence laid upon us, though I couldn't tell why, a tension hung in the air. One I couldn't quite pinpoint, but knew I don't exactly want to break.

"Eden."

Wilbur's voice echoed across the land, as if all the previous sound disappeared with his presence.

"Yes Dad?"

"How did you get here?" His gaze was set on me, his eyes no longer tired, layered with some emotion I couldn't identify. I didn't like it.

"What do you mean?" I responded, maintaining eye contact with him.

"Here, this SMP. How did you get here?"