Chapter 9

An: Hello! Back to updating chapters now. I took a quick break so I could plan out the next couple chapters, so this chapter is build up to that. Also there are 2 events in this that are technically out of canonical order but it's for plot relevance, enjoy the chapter!

[Eden POV]
Niki came over the next morning, she had brought me 3 books that where filled with history of the SMP, starting after the L'manburg revolution.

Tommy was nearly done helping Sam Nook with his hotel so Niki stayed with me all day.

Niki was sat on my bed with me held in her lap, she ran her fingers through my hair as I read through the books she had brought me.

Niki is someone else I really like. I feel very comfortable around her, and trust her a lot. She's on my mental list of people I trust, along with Tommy, Tubbo, Puffy, and Sam.

I finished the first book that stretched from the L'manburg election through November 16th.

It was definitely on the more tragic side of the history I had heard so far. Though it's not like it's unexpected, especially the final war.  It's the only war so far where people their final lives.

My train of thought was lost as I refocused on the soft humming coming from behind me.

I closed the book in my hands, leaning back into Niki's chest.

She continued to smooth out my hair with her hands, eyes closed as she continued humming.

I closed my eyes as well, sinking into the feeling of comfort.

Soon enough I fell into a peaceful rest.

~~~~

I awoke in my bed, fully tucked under my covers with the books laid on a table beside my bed.

I slowly got up, rubbing the remaining tiredness from my eyes as I walk to the books. Carefully I picked up one book to see a neatly written letter placed in between.

So sorry, had to leave early.

Sleep well!  <3
                  -Niki

Smiling slightly I placed the book back before walking out of my room.

Just as I entered the main room Tommy walked in.

"Eden! Sam Nook finished the hotel! Wanna go see?"

"Yeah!"

Without much thought Tommy and I ran along the wooden path, heading down to 'The Big Innit Hotel', which I presumed was the tall red building I could briefly see in the distance.

I was correct.

It was, as I said, a giant red building with spruce logs around the edges, stone bricks lining the inside. With what looked to be around 9 floors.

"Woah."

I walked around the inside as Tommy stood proudly at the entrance, petting one of the cats that sat on a chest. The main floor was fairly empty with a front desk and signs from Sam Nook around the area.

Tommy took me to all the floors, showing me all the rooms along with the largest room at the top.

Looking over the balcony you could see a large portion of the smp, it was beautiful really.

Tommy let me stay in the hotel for a bit, while he went off to try and hire Jack Manifold as an employee.

I stayed with the cats for a while before I decided it would be best to head back home. Tommy wasn't back yet but I figured I'd meet him back there.