Chapter 8

An: 3 chapters in a day???? I am spoiling you guys. Also Thank you for 1K reads!!! Holy crap that's a lot of people. I'm really glad you guys enjoy reading the story as much as I enjoy writing it. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!!!!!!!

[??? POV]
I ran my hands through the grass, letting the blades gently scrape the palms of my hands.

I was taken out of my trance by [REDACTED] sitting next to me in the grass.

She simply sat down and closed her eyes, basking in the sunlight while allowing the soft breeze to keep her hair out of her face.

She opened her eyes once more and lifted me into her lap, running one of her hands through my hair.

"It's quite beautiful outside isn't it [REDACTED]?" Her soothing voice letting the words slip out like honey as she spoke to me.

I nodded in response, my hands messing with her fingers and spinning the rings that decorated them.

She began humming a song to herself, her voice being almost enchanting even without her actually singing.

I began humming with her, she was singing one of the songs [REDACTED] had written. The one that she deemed her favorite.

"I'm sorry my darling child."

'What-?' I turned to her, confusion laced my expression.

Snow.

[REDACTED] was gone, large trees and thick snow replacing the green, flowery field we had just been in.

Voices shouted in the distance.

I ran, I tried to. But I couldn't, I kept sinking deeper into the snow, being able to move less and less of my body as I pushed myself forward.

I reached a hill, tumbling out of it and falling before I could register what what happening.

Just as I felt myself reach the ground-

I gasped for air.

I was on my hand and knees, having violently thrown the headset that previously rested on my head onto the floor. The beanie I wore having been tossed in my violent wake.

Wake.

I was awake.

It was a dream.

A wave of relief hit me at my realization as I steadied my breath.

Slowly I gained strength to stand and made my way out of my room.

It was still dark outside but the dim moonlight allowed me to view my surroundings.

I fain shout and heavy breathing took my attention to a room down the hall.

'Tommy?'

I headed to his door and partially cracked it open to see Tommy, sat up in his bed with a terrified look of his face. Sweat was dripping down his forehead as his heavy breathing slowed.

"Tommy?"

When I called out to him he turned to me, he had been very obviously terrified.

"H- hey Eden. What- why are you awake?" Tommy's voice trembled as he spoke.

I walked fully into his room and shut the door behind me, climbing into his bed.

"I had a nightmare too." A simple response on my part, but it was enough of a mutual understanding between us that Tommy didn't kick me out of his bed or his room and tell me to go back to sleep.

Instead he just laid back down with me.

I knew Tommy get night terrors a lot, he would mumble in his sleep about not wanting to drop his armor in a hole, and just wanting to go back to L'manburg.

Tommy had been through a lot, and even so he helped me more than I could repay him. But I'll be damned it I don't at least try.

"Goodnight Eden."

"Goodnight Tommy."