Chapter 28

An: Good lord my upload schedule is starting to look like Technoblade's- ANYWAY, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!

Tw: Blood/ Mild gore/ Swearing
[Eden POV]

The next few weeks went by pretty seamlessly. Tommy and I fixed up the house a few times, I built mini Henry his own little pen area, and Tommy adopted a spider hybrid.

His name is Shroud, he's quite small and can't speak English very well but Tommy and I are working on teaching him.

I've been taking him around the house teaching him things.

Tommy, Shroud, and I were farming the carrots in the basement when Shroud started shivering. Taking note to his behavior I paused, when he faintly sneezed I stood up. I ran over to our shared room and grabbed a red sweater out of the closet.

Running back out I picked him up from the dirt and water, dusting off his pants and slipping the sweater around his torso.

He smiled down at the clothing, hugging me in response.

Hugging him back, I saw Tommy sitting by the crops, smiling at us as he wiped a bit of dirt off his face.

"Eddi!" Shroud shouted up at me, laughing to himself before snuggling his face into my hoodie.

Tommy had said when he brought Shroud, that he was my little brother now. I didn't know what having a little brother was like until Tommy tried explaining it to me. Though Tommy said he was the little brother so he didn't fully know, but I'd have to help take care of him now.

I think I've been doing a good job.

~~~~

A few other things had happened in the last few days I'd gotten shot in the arm, and had nearly gotten stuck in an abandoned well.

I was training again, Techno had mentioned he wasn't going to be able to train me for a while, so he taught me ways to train by myself.

I'd been shooting at trees and hit a skeleton, the skeleton saw me before I saw them. Then there you go, arrow to the shoulder. The flint tip lodged itself into the muscle on my left arm, tearing part of it. Luckily enough my scream was heard by Tommy, who'd found me outside.

Tommy patched me up, resigning me from training for a few days to prevent further injury.

Instead of training early the next morning, I went out to gather some extra materials for the house, I started waking up before Tommy, and Shroud was primary nocturnal. I ventured into uncharted territory when my foot slipped on some moss covering a hole.

The hole turned out to be an old abandoned well. I fell into about knee deep water, dirty water. I tried climbing the walls but an out of place brick ended up scraping a deep cut through my skin, all the way up my forearm. Barley missing the arrow wound.

I'd fallen back into the well holding my arm. My hands were now soaked in blood, making the climb impossible. I didn't know exactly what to do so I just sat there, my mind was blank staring at the light shining through the opening until I blacked out.

I'd woke back up at home, my arm was already primarily healed. The cut had closed and all trace of the blood was gone just a scar lined it's place.

When I asked Tommy what happened he told me I was passed out outside the door. He'd only noticed the scar once that I was awake.

~~~~

I was primarily the only one who left the house anymore. Tommy kept Shroud inside to take care of him and do work around the house. I helped out as much as I could but would venture out for materials runs or for training.