Chapter 17

An: Some things in this chapter are not in chronological order to the SMP lore but they will be soon. Now have some happiness before big emotions.

[Eden POV]

Phil and Techno had been trying to help me level out my sleeping schedule. Phil making sure I actually got to sleep and Techno helping me with the countless nightmares that happened afterwards.

I saw Wilbur a few more times, I see why he was looked up to, why he was a leader. But I can also see why he was feared, why he finally snapped.

A complex man, my father is.

Phil was doing some work around the houses, taking a break from a basement project he'd been working on. I was sat atop the roof of Techno's house, he'd gone into a short hibernation for the time being, so I didn't have to worry about him promptly freaking out about me being so high up.

Techno doesn't ever like talking about it but whenever I do anything that could be even remotely dangerous he freaks out and lectures me about it, but then Phil makes fun of him for it so I'd say it's worth it.

Ranboo had also been hanging around a lot more, normally he was in Snowchester with Tubbo out mining. Today he was talking with Phil. Phil knew I was on the roof, he's the one who got me up here, but Ranboo didn't.

I simply watched the interactions, out of hearing range. At some point Tubbo showed up, and so did Fundy. Well I didn't know it was Fundy but he's the only fox on the server.

They were talking more towards the houses now, I caught a few words like, marriage, Michael, something about murder.

So nothing completely out of the ordinary.

Chat gave me an idea so I jumped feet first off the roof and landed right next to Phil on the ground. The snow Phil had put around cushioned my fall, so I didn't stumble or hurt anything.

However I did surprise them, mission accomplished.

I actually caused Fundy to fall over and scream so loud he cut off his own voice from screaming, causing Ranboo and Tubbo to have a laughing fit. While Phil simply gave me casual, "Oh hey Eden." Before turning back to the three.

"Jesus Christ! A child just fell from the sky!"

I laughed at Fundy's reaction as Phil continued the conversation.

"Fundy have you meet Eden yet?"
Phil questioned, paying no mind to him picking himself back up, now covered in snow.

"No- I- wait wait wait. This is Eden? The kid the SMP had been talking about?"

"People talk about me?"

"Yeah, figured you would've met them by now." Phil glanced down. "Considering family circumstances I'm not surprised." Mumbling that last part Phil started talking to Ranboo.

Fundy and I just kinda started at each other.

Not intensely, or with any form of intimidation, just looking.

We had the same eyes. A deep turquoise, that of which was the same as Mom's. Oh right, mom. I almost forgot, Fundy is my brother.
Does he know that?

Fundy excused himself for a second, glancing at me then in the direction he was walking. I took this as a sign to go with him so I did.

Once we were out of earshot, Fundy bent down to my height. He examined my face, in the way mom did when she was looking for any scapes or bruises. After he looked me over he made eye contact with me again, smiling, genuinely smiling.