Undercover secrets

"Reid, how's the geographical profile going?" Hotch marched into the makeshift office that the officers in the Texas police station had created for them, clearly already in a bad mood that was only going to grow.

"It would go a lot faster if she wasn't here" Reid mumbled at Athena who was spinning around in a wheelie chair that Hotch had handcuffed her to after she pickpocketed 4 of the team members guns.

"I'm delightful company thank you very much, oh and that's not the right place for that pin by the way" she pointed out as Reid went to pin a piece of string on the board.

"This las is too particular with her victims. she wouldn't pick someone too far away from where the others live- put it 5 inches higher" she stopped to look at him momentarily, hiding the fact the room was now spinning, he sighed and reluctantly complied after scanning it and realising she was right.

"Athena, I'm going to let you out but you can't do that again" Hotch nodded to the pile of guns she had stolen and then swapped bullets around with as he uncuffed her.

"I was just proving a point, maybe don't let your agents question my ability and I won't have to pull their own gun on them" she stood up and evil eyed Morgan who was waiting at the door with his arms crossed.

"You managed to grab my gun from my unhooked holster whilst I was turned away- congratulations" he mocked sarcastically.

"I also got these" she smiled; pulling his keys, badge and phone from her pocket, Hotch rolling his eyes and taking them from her.

"Stop that" he scolded; Athena pushed her bottom lip out into a mocking pout that he ignored and gestured for her to follow him.

"There was another victim but he survived, he's in the hospital and we need you to come with us to read him."

"Eye, eye captain- see you later cutie" she winked at Reid, enjoying the uncomfortable rage she left him in, a way that Athena Adams seemed to leave most people feeling as she left rooms.

"I need you to try and act like an agent Athena, I can't have victims knowing we have a criminal on our team" Hotch ordered as the three got closer down the hospital ward to the victims room.

"Aw- are you embarrassed of me again Hotchy?" She teased which made him roll his eyes and Morgan question what 'again' meant.

"Don't worry turdbags, I can be pretty convincing- I did study your every move for years before you even knew who I was; you of all people should know that, Aaron."

Morgan looked between the two, something clearly off more than just an estranged criminal being there in the first place, but he couldn't place his finger on what it was.

"He's awake and stable, but he's not in the best of moods" the nurse met them as Hotch flashed his badge, letting her take them into the victim's hospital room.

"Good afternoon Mr Williams, I'm agent Adams" Athena walked in first, subtly snatching Hotch's badge from his hand and flashing it to the man in the bed quick enough to not show the face or name card, her sudden professionalism and ability to sound like an agent shocking both Hotch and Morgan before they remembered how many times she had snuck onto their crime scenes to gather more information on them by pretending to be agents and officers.

"Hello?" The man sat up with a scrunched nose of judgement, looking her up and down before noticing Hotch and Morgan walking in too.

"We're sorry to do this, we know you just want to rest but we need to ask you some questions" Athena spoke softly, again shocking Morgan and Hotch at her sudden demeanour switch.