Powerful (3)

A cry slipped Athena's lips as her mother dug her finger into the freshly sewn up wound in her side.

"I said stand nicely" she growled into her ear and pushed her towards Reid. He went to catch her but Athena stood up tall, she would rather fall on the floor than be in his arms.

She held her chin up at him with a stern look, he moved his hands away from her.

"Oh for Christ's sake, just hold her" Monica grabbed his hand and pulled it around Athena's waist, her body tensed at his touch.

"Now then- say cheese" she said with a smile and began taking photos of the two.

"Athena dear, smile. You look most unattractive with that frown on you- we don't want people seeing these photos in the paper and wondering what you're doing with someone who looks like him, now do we?" Monica mocked.

"Just smile, it will make it easier to let her guard down" he whispered into Athena's ear, she held her head still.

"Don't talk to me" she whispered back, her expression stayed the same.

"How many times do I have to remind you that I still have my men surrounding the Morgan family's house?" Monica stared at her. Athena thought about pressing her luck and calling her bluff but she didn't want to risk it, she couldn't risk them getting hurt.

She put on a fake smile.

"Good- that wasn't so hard now was it?" Monica smiled "now place your hand on his chest, show off the engagement ring."

Athena looked down at the diamond her mother hand forced onto her hand by using Reid's hand. She lifted it slowly and placed it on Reid's chest as commanded to, her body naturally turned into his and she wanted to rip out his heart but she just stood there- pretending to smile, hiding her tears.

"Beautiful, we'll photoshop out the blood- I really wish you hadn't make me cut you my dear" Monica said looking at the gash she had sliced across Athena's high cheek bones.

"I'm sorry" Athena said quietly, she knew how to handle someone like this- someone like her mom. She had done it with her father, having to drop her head and follow orders, letting them control you until you were strong enough to break free- waiting. This time it wouldn't take her 11 years to break free from the narcissistic psychopath who was controlling and manipulating her.

"Now, I think we're almost ready for the ceremony" Monica gleamed, Athena's heart sank. She had been trying to buy herself time, trying to be as difficult as possible to prolong everything so she wouldn't have to get to the ceremony. 3 hours had passed since she had been forced into the wedding dress, 3 hours she had managed to stall but it wasn't enough time- it was going to happen.

"Okay now, take each other's hand and let's go" Monica led them up the stairs to the 2nd floor where a flower arch spread over the balcony looking down at the main hall. Athena couldn't help but think of Penelope and Kevin- this would be their perfect wedding spot.

She could just tell, it would be just classy and beautiful enough for Garcia whilst being whimsical and ethereal like Kevin had wanted. The yellow and white flower foliage wrapping the banisters and arch way was just how Athena had imagined she would help Kevin decorate, a combination of tradition and happiness- Penelope had said she wanted yellow at her wedding, it was such a happy colour. Except today it wasn't, today it was a cruel colour that stared down at Athena from the archway where Reid was.

"Walk" her mother commanded behind her. Athena took small, slow steps towards him. Her face was full of hate, the type of hate she had only shown people before she had killed them- not before she married them.