Forgotten love

"Where is she? It's almost 11pm and she hasn't given us the signal" Rossi whispered to Hotch whislt they drank at the bar of the ball.

"I'll check my phone outside- wait here" Hotch said as he left the main hall to the garden outside, he paused when he saw 10 missed calls from Morgan and a SOS text from 3 hours ago.

Hotch tried to call him back but it went straight to voicemail.

"What is it?" Rossi asked as he walked out to the garden.

"Something's wrong, call off the distraction and get everyone to meet me out front" Hotch ordered as he went to leave, the main hall doors shut and he and Rossi were locked outside, a voice caught his attention. He tried to peak through the windows and saw the stairs where a tall woman in a sleek black gown with black hair and a scar on her cheek smiled down at the guests.

"Bonsoir mesdames et messieurs" the man next to her spoke.

"That's the ambassador" Emily whispered behind Reid inside the event and translated what he was saying to the group since he addressed the guests in French.

"He's saying he's thankful we're all here tonight to celebrate him and his country" she continued, "now he's talking about random political, war lord disguised crap."

"Et quel meilleur pays que la France pour nous conduire dans le nouveau monde?" He spoke.

As he lifted his glass and raised a toast, a man in a suit whispered in his ear.

"Excusez-moi, j'ai une affaire urgente à assister pour profiter de la fête!" he smiled and off the stairs after the man. Emily watched as a slight smile crawled across the wife's lips before she continued mingling.

"What's going on?" Reid asked her.

"I think something's gone wrong with Athena, I think she's in trouble- where's Hotch?" Emily asked.

"We will wait 15 minutes until 11, if Athena doesn't send the signal- then we send the raid" Hotch said to Rossi who was trying to pry open the doors.

"It's locked- we're stuck out here, call the team" Rossi shook his head.

"We can't call them without alerting everyone inside- we need to think of a plan, we need to think like Athena" Hotch responded.

"Seriously guys, where are Hotch and Rossi?" JJ said in a hushed tone to the group

"We have 3 minutes until the distraction, has anyone gotten the signal from Athena yet?" Emily asked.

"What even is the signal?" Reid asked.

"She didn't say but I assumed it would be a text or something" Emily shrugged "I'll call her."

As she did, she heard a ringing from a few feet away.

A small figure in a cloak turned to her with a surprised face.

"Athena?" Reid asked, Athena gave a frustrated sigh as a few of the security near them looked over at her- alerted by the mention of her name that they were told to keep an ear out for.

"You idiots always end up ruining my plans" Athena sighed before nudging the tall figure also in a cloak next to her.

"They've alerted the guards to us- it's now or never" the team heard her say to the man who's face was covered by the hood, he nodded and left.

"What's going on?" JJ went to ask but Athena had dropped her cloak and was walking up the stairs where the ambassador was mingling.

"Jesus Christ" Reid exclaimed when he saw the state of Athena's body that was still covered in blood, burns, cuts and bruises from the beatings by Clyde.