'First' date

/The above is an outfit I really struggled to describe later for Athena, the woman in it (Rachel Makesy) is also someone I took as massive Inso for Athena's hair (she's wearing a wig in that photo but usually it's bright copper and voluminous) and such, hopefully it helps visualise it a bit better.)

//Sorry I keep forgetting to do these but a slight TW for slight mentions and descriptions of body dysmorphia that could be triggering for some//

"That one looks like you" Athena pointed across the fence.

"You can't keep saying every animal at the zoo looks like me" Morgan chuckled as they followed the tour round.

"It's not my fault- you have a striking resemblance to all of them" she joked.

"Can you two keep up? We're falling behind the tour group and I don't want to miss the bat enclosure" Reid said next to JJ in front of them.

"Hey- don't tell us off, Rossi's still at the meerkat area" Morgan said.

"What?! We're like 5 paces behind schedule!" Garcia turned around- she was dressed very touristy with 3 lanyards, a sunhat and a face full of sunscreen despite it being cloudy.

"I'll call him" Hotch said, holding his clipboard with the itinerary Garcia had printed out for all of them.

"Who thought it was a good idea to bring the team to the zoo date with us?" Morgan whispered to Athena sarcastically

"If I recall correctly, they invited themselves" Athena chuckled as she reminisced on the dinner conversation the team had.

"Wait- you've never been on a real date?" Rossi said to Athena as the group ate their dinner in the briefing room.

"I told you- I've been on many, many dates but none of them were for pleasure, purely business or being kidnapped, I think they still count as dates though, right?" She said, Emily shook her head.

"No- it doesn't count! You need to be wined and dined by someone you want to be wined and dined by!" Garcia said which made Athena laugh.

"Wait- so Morgan hasn't taken you on a date? Like ever? You two literally live together how is that possible?" JJ said.

"I heard my name- what are you lot gossiping about?" Morgan walked into the room with his food and sat by Athena.

"How bad of a boyfriend you are" Garcia smacked his arm.

"What?"

"You've never taken Athena on a date!" She said.

"In fairness, I've never taken him on a date either" Athena shrugged.

"What? No- we've been on a date, of course we have. We must have-" he looked at her and tried to remember a time they went on a date.

"Oh my god, we've never been on a date!" He covered his mouth in shock which made Athena laugh.

"How have I never taken you on a date?" He asked almost to himself.

"Guess I'm just not worthy of the famous 'Derek Morgan' date treatment" she joked, he shook his head.

"That's not true" he chuckled "but I really can't believe we've never been on a date- we've both literally almost died in each other's arms but we've never been on a first date."

"I technically did die in your arms" Athena corrected "and it's no biggie, this job isn't exactly' cringey date night' accommodating and plus, we're forced to spend time together at work all day everyday so it's sort of like we've had multiple first dates I guess."