Bitter lessons

"I swear to god Morgan if you get paint on these floors I will slit your throat" Athena threw a threat with a laugh as he playfully splashed paint onto her.

"Calm down psychopath, we're replacing them anyway" he chuckled.

"Like hell we are- look how pretty they are!" She gestured at the deep blue wooden floor of their attic bedroom.

"We've been over this" he rolled his eyes "the inspection told us that we needed to replace them or they'll warp- it doesn't matter how 'pretty' they are."

"You'll have to physically fight me if you try and get these floor boards up" she stepped closer to him, holding her paint brush out like a weapon.

"Oh really? Is there a certain way you'd prefer to fight?" He smirked at her, closing the gap between them with his step.

"Horizontally sounds good to me" she teased and quickly painted his shirt with a cheeky grin before he could stop her.

"Oh you're in for it now" he laughed and picked up another paint brush, chucking splatters of paint onto her whilst she ran for cover, laughter engulfing the room as they had a paint fight that ended with Morgan falling on top of her- both covered head to toe in dusty sage green paint splatters.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern from the thud of their bodies on the floor, worried he had hurt her.

She couldn't stop laughing and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'll take that as a yes then" he chuckled, feeling her pull his face towards hers.

"I told you horizontally sounded good to me" she winked and kissed him, he held his body slightly above hers on his elbow as the other hand wrapped around her waist and lifted her up, pressing her body to his.

"It's a shame our clothes are covered in paint- I guess we have no choice but to take them off now" she teased sarcastically, he laughed and began unbuttoning her painter's overalls.

She twisted her hips and flipped him onto his back, her legs either side of his body. He smiled up at her with surprise.

"I think I win this fight" she smiled on top of him. He shook his head, having to bite his lip to stop his smirk.

"If this is losing, I don't ever want to win" he placed his hands on her lower back as she leaned forward, her chest pressing against his, her lips hovering against his so they were just brushing slightly as she spoke.

"Here's a consolation prize" she whispered before planting a kiss onto him. Something stirred in him, an animalistic urge took over and he twisted her onto her back. A small, surprised moan escaped her lips as he stared down at her with a hungry grin.

Before she had a chance to say anything witty or sarcastically sexual, he was back on her lips. His hands exploring her body as she pulled him closer to her. His hands gently tugged her hair causing her to let another delighted sound out of her moth before she peeled off his shirt and began unbuckling his trousers. Before she could get them off, his phone rang from his pocket.

"Nope" he tossed it across the room and leant back into her, she laughed and continued to work her hands down his trousers- the phone rang again and made her stop. She cupped his face, "you're excused from this fight- for now" she teased.

He groaned, kissing her once more before peeling his paint covered body from hers and answering his phone begrudgingly.

"Heya" he answered, pulling his clothes back on as Athena pinned her overalls back over her lilac off the shoulders scrunch top. She had a matching bandanna in her hair and mix matched socks of a similar colour scheme. Morgan thought about how nice she looked as she got up and pat his shoulders before putting the paint pots away- assuming that Hotch was calling them in for a case.