An old friend

Athena's hands shook against her own will as she pulled her gown over her short red, lingerie slip. 

The dark indigo dress fit her body as if it had been designed just for her- of which it had. 

She tugged the structured bodice tight, fitting just snugly enough to pushed her chest up to the square neckline, adjusting the the long sleeves that flooded past her finger tips with a cape like flow that complimented the low V of the back of the dress.

She kicked the long skirt of the dress out of her way as she laced up her brown high knee boots, knowing the chances of her needing to were almost certain at this point.

Her hair parted loosely with two braided pieces pulled to the back in a milkmaid style, her natural bouncy waves laying behind them, weaving gold accents through the plats to compliment the hand embroidered embellishes on the dress. 

Her eyes finally met her own in the dirty mirror of the hotel room, finding no room for her pride at the construction of her outfit; only the flaws of the woman who made and now wore it.

The door knocked once, twice, three times before she pulled herself from the bubble of hatred as she scanned her body, wrapping herself in the draping dark cloak, coating the secrets beneath.

"What do you want? I've got 15 minutes before I leave with Rossi" she half snapped at the tall figure outside her door with a temptation to check her watch, knowing that timing was crucial to the next part of her plan.

"I-" Hotch struggled to speak, at a loss for words at how she looked stood before him, "I, uh-"

Athena's head tilted with impatience before a flicker of her amused smile sparked at his unusual flustered state, "come in, I'm just finishing my makeup."

"I came to check on you, to see how you were doing" Hotch explained from the doorway where he fought his feet to stay, trying not to stare at her in her beautifully crafted gown as she peaked over her shoulder with a sarcastic laugh.

"No you didn't."

"What? Yes I did, I-"

"You still won't admit it, will you?" She turned fully to him, a glimmer of something he hadn't seen for years, a glimmer of something that ripped out his heart like he did hers.

"Admit what... how did you-""

"I know a lot of things" she gave a small, weak, hurt almost, smile, "I always have."

The two stood in silence that could have stretched for a decade, but the time on her watch reminded her it was only a minute- a minute she couldn't lose. 

"I'll see you at the manor."

"I'll walk you down" Hotch followed her calculated footsteps to the door.

"I'm going to get Rossi- I promise I won't escape within the two seconds I'm away from you" she chuckled, she played into a trust worthy tone she once had with him which she saw settled him. He nodded with a smile and went down the stairs.

Athena continued down the corridor to Rossi's door and knocked.

"Hey kid- wow" he answered, Reid was on the other side of the room adjusting his bow tie for the 25th time.

"Good evening fellas" she said with a smile, Reid looked over and couldn't help but stare at her.

"You need a little help there buddy?" She chuckled seeing Reid's half done bow tie, before he could respond she had walked over and began tying it for him. Her small hands working closely to his chest as he stared down at her, his cheeks blushed. She knew exactly what she was doing, a part of her felt bad for using his feelings for her to get him flustered enough to let her slip away but she knew she had to do it. Reid was too smart to believe her well-crafted lie without a bit of blood rushing to his head and to his...