The death of a big mistake

Athena Adams had died.

Four years to the day.

Derek Morgan sat on the park bench on his daughter's fourth birthday, watching her run through the playground on uncertain legs, his mind back in that delivery room

As he sipped the double whipped hot chocolate his daughter could practically smell from across the playground, he thought of how tightly he clutched to her hand, how hard he cried, all whilst he watched his daughter's familiar beam, bounce towards him, her voluminous curls battling her braids.

"Daddy!" She beamed as he hoisted her onto the bench besides him, holding the cup as she took a sip, laughing with her at the cream on her nose before letting her spring back to her playground.

She fell, multiple times, but got back up all the same.

She didn't cry, although he had taught her that was okay too, she just hopped back up no matter the scrape or bruise left off the monkey bars, and continued her chase.

Her yellow dungarees covered in mud, her bright smile second to none, her green eyes glimmering in the sunlight.

She had the same chubby cheeks, the same button nose, the same sass sprinkled into her endless rambles.

"She's beautiful" a poised voice broke his reminiscing gaze as two women made their presence known, positioning themselves either side of him on the small bench, "how old is she?"

"Four today" Morgan replied politely. 

"Adorable, doesn't time just fly by?" One awed before turning to him with a prodding smile, "we see you here a lot, even in the winter."

"Yeah, she loves park, the hard park is getting her to leave" he replied simply as one placed a pitying hand on his shoulder.

"It must be hard, raising her all by yourself."

"We just want you to know that if you ever need any help, or any... company, we're always here."

"Yes, always, anytime" the other middle aged mother nodded with fluttering eyelashes that Morgan raised an eyebrow at, interrupted by his daughter leaping in his lap to save him.

"Hey there sweetheart" Morgan smiled down at her thankfully as she frowned at the two older women.

"Who that?" Her limited vocabulary didn't limit her abundance of sass.

"We're your daddy's new friends" one smiled with a sickly sweet tone, "and what is your name little tiny one?"

"Circe" an approaching voice interrupted the too close for comfort women who had been circling Morgan most of the afternoon, he couldn't help fighting a smile as the familiar sauntering steps came to a stop.

"Our daughter's name is Circe" Athena's red lips curled into a smile.

"Mommy!" Circe leapt from her father's lap with an level of glee almost not humanly possible, swept in Athena's infusion bandaged arms.

"O-oh? You're her... and his..." the two women stared between the remarkably similar looking pair before an amused Morgan joined his family.

"Wife" he proudly finished their flustered sentence, arm around her waist as she tilted her head up at him.

"Derek Morgan, I die for 5 minutes and you're out at a park trying to pick up the elderly?" She teased, the two women scoffing as they scuttled away in embarrassment. 

"Har Har, get's funnier every time you say it" he rolled his eyes despite his chuckle, kissing her forehead as she passed their daughter to him, "how was it today?"

"Oh the usual prodding and pricking of the 'miracle mother brought back from the dead yet again'" she fake gloated.

"Well that's what you get for trying to be right all the time" he mocked whilst tickling his daughter's stomach who's laughter filled the air.

"I was just being prepared!" Athena laughed, "how was I to know I was a medical anomaly capable of cheating death whilst giving birth?"

"You're never gonna give those bragging rights up are you?" He smiled adoringly down at her as they let Circe run around them.

"Not a chance" she leaned closer, "idiot."

"Good" his smile grew, their lips stopping a hairs length apart as Circe's laugh echoed with another child's scream, "she get's that from you."

"You think I don't know that? That's why I like her so much, she's got spunk" Athena laughed, the two turning to see what mischief awaited them this time, hand in hand like always.

"After countless serial killers, a couple of cults and more than one hunting parties, why do I feel like this kid is the ultimate unsub?" Morgan joked, never taking for granted the sweet sound of Athena's genuine laugh from next to him as three small squeezes pressed into his hand right on cue.

"She's got a sexy profiler and badass ex-criminal as parents" Athena laughed up at him, their journey flashing through his smile down at her as she turned to continue it for as long as she could, "she's gonna be unstoppable."

-The end-

(omg omg omg, we made it???? Guy's I'm not gonna get sappy or anything but I started this story when I was like 15, sad and unable to see past 15 now I'm legit 21 years old, happy (crazy concept ino) and saying goodbye to my girl Athena who, oh my god, I put through so much??? like could I not give her like one single break? insane lol. Anyhow, I fear my CM fan fic days are soon to be behind me and finishing Athena's story was a lil goodbye prezzie-but hey! at least I let her have a happy ending for once, although I still think I should have gone full villainy like 30 chapters ago. I'm still gonna finish the other three (?) CM fics but hoping to maybe just share my general writing/ non fics on here? maybe? or maybe I'll watch the show again after like 6 years lol Okay ttylxox babes,  xoxo)