Suburban nightmare

It seemed like hours passed with a drooling Athena somehow led on Garica's head before she was rudely awoken to her ringing phone she wished she'd flushed down the toilet.

"Turn it off" Garcia groaned, pulling a handmade-looking pillow over her face, "my head feels like it's being drilled by your spitefully cheery ringtone."

"I'm trying but you're led on my arm" Athena yawned through an attempt to wiggle out from under her without hurting her shoulder.

"Oops! Sorry!" Garcia apologised as Athena hurled herself off the bed to where her phone had dropped, barking sleepily down the phone.

"Why are you calling me at 5 in the fucking morning?" 

"I'm sorry to wake you but we need you and Garcia to come here right now" instead of Morgan's smooth early morning voice like she expected, Hotch's stern and wide awake voice barked back.

"What? Where?" Athena yawned before eyes widening, "shit is Morga- I mean everyone okay?"

"I know that you're not meant to come to work for a few more weeks but we need you for this case, and we need Penelope to be on site with us- I've sent you the plane tickets, your flight is in half an hour."

"Wait what? Why do you need me? Is everyone okay? I thought it was a simple case?" Athena asked whilst getting up and grabbing her shirt and jacket.

"We thought that too but since figuring out that it's two unsubs it has gotten more intense and we need you as a part of our plan- I don't have time to explain it now just get on the plane and I'll pick you up when you get here- hurry."

"What was that about? Why are you getting up?" Penelope groaned, still feeling the effects of the alcohol and the beginning of a bad hangover mixing together somehow at the same time.

"We've got a flight to catch I guess, drink some water- we've gotta get to the airport within half an hour" Athena rubbed her eyes and grabbed her hopefully pre-packed tote, packed by who? She didn't know, a delusional hope that some magic packing fairy had done the job for her.

Since she wasn't a 'proper agent', she didn't feel the need to prepare a 'to go' bag which she regretted not doing every single time she got to a new case and realised she didn't have a change of clothes or anything- but still, Athena was never one for learning a lesson.

She did manage to give the 'packing fairies' a break by grabbing her own passport and a stack of fake credit cards given her lack of legal money yet; she knew it was 'morally wrong' but she wasn't getting on a bumpy flight after drinking without being able to buy food to keep her stomach calm- plus, being 'morally right' wasn't what Athena was known for.

"What? We're getting on a plane? Is that even legal with the amount of wine we drank?" 

"I don't think it's against the law but I'm sure the other passengers aren't gonna like it when I throw up at the slightest bit of turbulence hitting the wine in my stomach" Athena laughed at her friend who looked as if she'd been dragged through a ditch, "come on, let's go grab your bag from your place."

"I'm calling a taxi- there's no way either of us should drive."

"Where's the fun in that?" 

"The fun is not dying in a car crash" Penelope laughed before she finished her conversation with the taxi driver on the phone who was luckily only 2 minutes away, "thank god for uber."

"I look like a 5-year-old not a FBI consultant" Athena spoke after a few moments on the sidewalk, glancing down for the first time at the oversized paint stained overalls over a small strappy relaxed top, topped off with a half on button up oversized overshirt that was most likely stolen or Morgan's (technically stolen) and converse certainly did not make her look like a 'respectable professional' on her way to an important case.