My little bird

"Where are we going?" Carlos asked Athena as she led him back through the corridor past the dead bodies, into the elevator and up to the reception.

"You need to go and get backup, take Wesley and Sebastian and go to get back up- tell them everything" she said as she tried to push him out of the elevator so she could continue up the building- he stood his ground with his hand gripped onto hers.

"No."

"Just move! Trust me!" She tried to push him to no avail, he shook her by her arm.

"No"

He grabbed his radio and talked to Sebastian and Wesley, ordering them to go and get backup. They were confused but complied of course, they weren't ones to question orders.

"I told you to leave" Athena shook her heat at him "that's an order from your leader you jackass."

He let out a laugh and took her hand again, pressing the close door button as they stood in the lift.

"Tiny leader."

She couldn't help her laugh at his comment, or their reflection in the mirror elevator as the doors closed. They looked insane. Covered in blood from head to toe, cuts in various spots over their bodies from avoiding being stabbed or shot. Hair matted, wild eyes and hand in hand. A 'father' and 'daughter' duo that evil itself would run away from if it saw them in a dark alleyway.

She noticed his hint of a smile as he saw them in the reflection, she knew he wasn't seeing her- he was seeing his daughter in his hand.

"What floor?" He asked her.

"The top, that bitch Anton will be going up there to try and prove a point to me that he can kill them- he's got another thing coming if he thinks I won't kill him first" she said, he smiled proudly at her and pressed the button and drawing his blade in his other hand. Athena drew her own weapon, a gun with a knife taped to it. It looked junky but it did the job and made it easy to kill in different ways with one hand. Since what happened in the finale hallway, she knew Carlos wouldn't let go of her hand again so she would have to fight one handed, fighting his enemies as well as her owns.

She held his hand with a tight grip- they would do this together; she wouldn't let him go, he would never let her go. This man she both barely knew and had a deep understanding of. A man with such sorrow, who had seen such horrors, a man who found safety in the small woman next to him. The man who reminded her of herself. The man she had to protect despite him being able to crush a man's skull with his bare hands.

Such strength hid weakness, she knew that better than anyone.

The elevator dinged open and the two stepped out into the hallway where 4 security men sat talking to each other, jumping up in shock when they saw them. Athena smiled- she loved it when she had the element of surprise.

Morgan heard the screams long before he heard her voice. The echoes of men's screams as he imagined her blade slicing through their necks. The shock on their faces as they saw the appearance of their killer. The way she always closed their eyes once they were dead- no matter who it was, no matter what they had done, she always closed their eyes with some level of respect and remorse.

"Athena!" The team yelled to alert her of where they were, they heard a clicking at the door- a bobby pin that wiggled into the lock and clicked it open.

They all paused in shock when they saw the bloodied woman walk in, hand in hand with an equally as bloodied, giant man next to her.

"Derek!" Athena couldn't help her excitement as she saw him but paused when she saw they were behind glass- in a glass cage.