Catherine O'Clare

Athena woke up to the familiar sight of a wrecked hotel room, but with the unfamiliar sensation of a large warm arm spread across her bare back.

What the-

She, like any rational person, of course immediately started to freak out at the presence of someone in her bed, freaking out even more when she turned and saw who's hand it was sprawled across her very much topless back as the realisation of what happened the night before hit her.

'Holy Shit! I slept with Derek Morgan?! Oh my god! Why would I do that? Am I insane? This is insane- Oh my god I'm naked in a bed next to Derek fucking Morgan?! Wait- why does he look so cute when he's asleep? Fuck! Oh my god why did I just think that?!'

Athena's mind ran fast with wide eyes staring at his unconscious body as she tried to come up with a plan to slip out of her own room and runaway, presumably forever, but before she could think of a reasonable reason to justify jumping out of her window, she saw Morgan slowly start to wake up, naturally of course pretending to be asleep to avoid having to face her problems.

There was a few moments of silence before she felt his hand slowly move away from her back where he was presumably freaking out like she had as the realisation of what they had done hit him too.

After what felt like forever, Athena felt terrified enough to open her eyes and face what had happened before she heard Morgan's phone ring, feeling the bed shift under his weight as he got up to searched the messy room for his trousers which was considerably more difficult given the state the two had left it in after the intensely passionate events of the night before.

"M-morning Hotch" Morgan answered through a husky yawn, glancing at the time on his watch hurled across the room that read '6:30am,' already knowing it must be an emergency especially since they just finished an intense case last night.

"Another one? Yeah of course, we'll meet you at the jet" Athena caught the end of the phone call, picking up how he quickly correcting himself with a panic to his voice she shoved her head into the pillow to avoid smiling at, "u-uh I mean me- I'll meet you at the jet, just me here, yup- okay bye."

"Nice cover there 'super agent'" Athena's slightly teasing voice dragged him from his silent curses at himself as she pulled the duvet up to cover herself more, unable to pretend to be asleep for much longer with the way her heart was annoying pounding, "another case already?" 

"Hey- uh, yeah, he said it's pretty serious so..."he pulled his t-shirt on as he gathered his things from the various nooks they managed to fly to in the room, not noticing her gaze following his shirt as it covered his toned torso. 

"Right... yeah" Athena nodded into the silence; there was without a doubt an awkward energy in the room.

"Hey-" Morgan and Athena both said over each other at the same time without looking each other in the eye, letting out a chuckle they couldn't help.

"You go first."

"No you go ahead" Morgan leant slightly back onto the dressing unit, of which was jolted and bashed about after being used multiple times as a 'leaning post' the night before.

"I was just..." Athena paused, being too far scared to say what she felt stupid for wanting to, tucking her hair behind her ears as she changed her original sentence "going to ask if you could pass a shirt from my bag?"

"Oh yeah, of course" he grabbed an oversized work shirt and passed it to her, their fingers brushing each other for a split second that felt like a zap of electricity, Morgan quickly pulling away as if he hadn't touched every part of her only hours ago.