Captured

The team had been on four cases with Athena since they heard from her father in Texas and witnessed her show a personality other than 'horny clown with fashion sense.'

She had been doing surprisingly well much to most of the teams disappointment, waiting for her to blow up so they could send her back to prison after how much worse her taunts and teases got with every case, but even they couldn't argue that she wasn't doing an impressive job and proving to be an annoyingly good asset to the team.

The FBI had her staying in a hotel across the street from the office where Morgan assumed she hung like a bat to sleep before irritatingly being a big help to the team with understanding the unsubs' thought patterns.

She was also determined to be in the action on every case despite her short demeanour, arguing that she was 'scrappy' when it came to fighting which made up for her lack of actual fighting skills, making up for it with spite, sass and a flare for the dramatics.

Even on her her fourth case with them she had taken down a 6'5 football player unsub who had been holding his classmate's hostage in a school, immediately volunteering to be the one to sprint after him as the team got the hostages out- doing so even when Hotch told her no of course.

They later found out she had launched herself at him whilst laughing manically, dragging him to the ground and breaking his nose before Morgan and Hotch caught up with her before she could kick him in the groin like she wanted to.

Despite the 'good' work she seemed to be doing on cases, despite taking an infuriating route to get there every time, she still hadn't revealed anymore to the team about her farther or why she was so freaked out from one simple phone call despite Hotch's constant pestering.

"Mind ya business" Athena repeated once again as she sat down in the briefing room with him whilst they waited for the rest of the team to join them.

"You can't keep saying that, it's obviously serious and you need to tell us-"

"If you think it's so serious then you should have send me back to prison when I asked" she smiled mockingly at him, "but you didn't; and now even if I told you, which I won't, there's nothing you or your little bitchy team could do to help, you guys wouldn't want to help me anyway."

"Why wouldn't we?" Hotch asked sincerely which made her burst into genuine laugh.

"Oh come on- you all look at me like I'm scum, even though you all forget that if it wasn't for me and my letters then none of your cases over the last three years would have been completed."

"You murdered people and tormented us Athena, we're not just going to forget that now that you're helping us."

"1. I'm not helping you, and 2. I'm not asking you to forget that; I know who I am and I know what and why I did it. I don't care if you idiots like me or not, just don't pretend to just because you're nosey and feeling guilty that I'm going to die" she finished as the group walked in to start the briefing, Hotch placing a hand on her shoulder before he got up to help Garcia hand out files.

"You're not going to die Athena."

"You're in my seat" Morgan interrupted her head shake as he entered, actively trying to talk to her as little as possible given how much they bickered on the last few cases, causing multiple headaches to everyone in a 5 mile radius when they were in a room together.

"I know" she smiled mockingly at him, kicking up her legs onto the table to show she wasn't going to move. Morgan rolling his eyes and sitting at the other side of the table with a huff, proving once again that out of everyone in the group who disliked her more than the average person could dislike someone, those two seemed to butt heads the most of all.