Powerless (2)

Athena woke up like she had woken up most days many, many years ago- tied down to a surgical table, half naked and unsure how she got here.

This time however, she wasn't a child.

She felt the fear before she felt the pain. Her body throbbed as the memories of the car accident soared through her aching brain. Her body flying, her seatbelt snapping, the sound of her own head cracking on the steering wheel.

She remembered the pain of the tree stabbing through the metal and impaling her, the blood leaving her mouth as her eyes closed as she felt limp. She was surprised she was awake, she was surprised she was alive.

A brief thought crossed her mind,

Wait, how am I alive?

She had a flash of a thought before brushing it away, she was in too much pain to be dead. Plus, she didn't think the afterlife would look like an old dungeon. She paused and tried to sit up to look around, the straps around her arms and legs made it difficult- as did the pain in her stomach, but she managed to do a sort of lazy half crunch to see where she was. The walls were a tan stone, Ivy crept up them and a strangely familiar smell of mould and damp crept through her nose.

"H-hello?" She groaned, the room was empty except her. She was confused what a surgical table was doing in the middle of a room that looked so regal. The windows were covered by a red, royal fabric. The stone flooring was polished, the furniture was rich and expensive. The room was only small but it had that a likeness of an old castle, which was where Athena assumed she was- but why?

She tried to think what could have happened after she passed out in the car to get her here, it didn't make any sense. If someone had found them they would have brought her to the hospital- and this defiantly didn't look like a hospital.

She paused for a moment at her realisation that she wasn't alone in the car.

"Reid!" She found herself yelling, her sides screamed in pain at her volume and panic but she continued to yell.

"Spencer! Spencer Reid!" She yelled again. Where was he? Did he take her here? No, why would he do that? This didn't make any sense- where was he?

Her scrambling thoughts were interrupted by a door creaking open the other side of the room behind Athena.

"Hello? Reid?" She tried to wiggle to see but she couldn't. She heard footsteps which paused behind her and then she felt the table moving, she was being moved.

"What's happening? Who the fuck are you? Let me go! Where's Spencer?!" She yelled aggressively. Her shirt was torn open, her jeans were cut up the leg, she was confused, cold and most notably- she was furious.

"I swear to god if you fucking hurt him!" Her threats kept coming despite the persons muffled chuckles. They felt familiar but she couldn't place her finger on it as she was pulled into the large room. She looked up and saw a huge chandelier above her, the same one she had seen many, many months ago when she reluctantly danced with Morgan at the masquerade. She felt a gasp leave her body. This didn't' make sense, the car crash was in Vegas- the castle was hundreds of miles away in a whole other state, there's no way she could be here.

"Athena!" She heard a familiar voice yell, she tried to look for him.

"Reid?! Spence! Where are you!?" She yelled "are you hurt? Did they hurt you!?"

A laugh came from the person once more as they cut Athena out of the table and dragged her onto a chair, her body going limp from the pain. She was tied up in the chair again before she could even think about attacking the voice she now recognised as her mother.