common

|karen| i still felt extremely embarrassed that deaja and doe walked in on me and drew. "deaja im really sorry" i said looking over.

"It's fine auntie, old people gotta get it in too" she said giggling. "i- no you didn't" i said lightly tapping her hand.

"you ain't too old to get no whooping so tread lightly" i said giving her a side eye. I could never be serious bursting out laughing.

Meanwhile Drew is just sitting in his chair chuckling shaking his head. Me and dee had plenty of moments like these.

Collectively we were both goofy as ever and that's my lil baby that i don't play about. Which is why drew had to handcuff me to the bed the night after we found out.

Spending time with deaja to see how she was really made me upset knowing the effect the man had on her.

Lord knows that if Drew hadn't have stopped me I would be in a lot of trouble. "What are y'all finna do today?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I had an appointment to get my hair done today at 11:45 if that's okay with you all" dee said looking at the both of us.

"Yeah that's fine I can drive you then after we'll go to the mall and stop by kierras." I said glad that it all worked out.

If she was anything like her auntie then she was into retail therapy. Besides she didn't have as much clothes so a couple trips would change that.

"Alright I'm about to go get dressed meet me down here in thirty?" I asked. That should be enough time for me to wash up and what not.

"Yeah that's fine." She said before disappearing into the basement. "Drew you coming?" I asked.. I seriously doubted he would.

"No I have some work to catch up on i'll be here when you all get back" he said. I nodded my head and headed into the room.

I washed up then put on some jeans and a somewhat dressy shirt adding my necklaces and bracelets to finish.

Throwing on my slip ons I stood in the mirror brushing my hair and spraying on some of Drew's favorite perfume I wear.

I looked down at the time and realized dee was probably waiting on me so I hurried down the stairs and we headed out.

"Auntie can I ask you a question?" Dee suddenly spoke up. "Yeah of course" I replied stopping at the red light turning over to look at her.

"What did you think when I first called? What were your first impressions of me?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Welllll, I wasn't going to answer the phone because I get random calls all the time. Something told me to go ahead and answer and when you started talking I thought you sounded awfully young"

"When we finally met up I was in awe of how beautiful you were.. I mean you look just like dorinda and she looks like mama so I couldn't deny you if I wanted too" I said smiling as I thought back on the many memories me and my sisters had with our mother.

We pulled into the building and i parked the car for her to go in. "call me when you're almost done imma head back to the house and get some work done." i said. She understood and went inside and i went back home.

I cleaned the house and after i took a nap and started on replying back to emails when i got the call that she was finished. I drove back to where i dropped her off and she came walking out with a huge smile on her face.

"your hair is pretty" i said looking at the sunlight bouncing off her beautiful skin. "thank youuu" she said leaning over giving me a kiss on the cheek. "what type of braids are those?" i asked looking at her head.

"their called knotless box braids" she replied scrolling through her phone. Alright you still wanna go the mall?" i asked her not knowing if she was tired from sitting all day. "it's up to you" she said looking up from her phone.

"alright let's go" i said before driving off towards the mall. We walked inside my favorite mall and told dee she could get whatever since i didn't pay for her hair. "no it's okay, really" she said i could hear the guilt in her voice.

"your not spending anymore money today come on and let's get you some stuff" i said grabbing her hand. she went into all the different stores that i had no idea about. she most definitely has the same shopping spirit as me cause we both walked out of there with both hands full of things.

"dee you got me holding your stuff" i said laughing at the look on her face. it wasn't too late so we called up kierra to meet us at the nail salon then we would go back to her house and chill out.

"what color you getting?" i asked the two looking over at them. "i'm getting these" she showed me a picture on this red looking app. "And what are you getting on your toes?" i asked her "imma be simple and just go with white" she answered looking around the salon.

"ki what about you?" i asked her she told me she would be getting red on both her hands and feet.

"Girl you not grown" I said making a face at her. "Ma yes I am" she said then quickly looked up as if she knew she made an mistake.

"Kierra don't play with me" I said chuckling to myself. She really think cause she moved out that I won't whoop her tail.

We all three sat in the salon for about a hour and a half then we were finally walking outside.

"Lemme see your nails" I told the two. They held out their hands and i smiled. "Dee you like your nails long huh?" I said laughing.

"Auntie these aren't even that long, you used to have them grabbers" she said looking up at me. "Right ma, let's not forget them finally karen nails"

"Oh y'all hush, let's go get something to eat" we  ended up at juicy crab making sure to grab something for Drew.

We chilled and talked about any and everything just enjoying each others company. "Alright it's getting late let's go before your uncle and daddy throw a fit." I said grabbing my purse and the left overs.

We walked in and we all went our separate ways. I was glad I learned something me and dee had in common.