finally

|deaja| "we've been down here for four days auntie and y'all stink im going up there myself" I said getting up from the side of the bed.

"No you're not, sit down and stop being impatient." She snapped.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to win that argument I sat back down scrolling aimlessly throw my phone.

Keeping in mind that everyone's nerves were all over the place i resulted to just staying to myself.

I didn't have anything to prove to anybody so I zoned out.. trying to find a way I could sneak out.

I just know if I didn't someone would be seriously hurt.

|karen| my patience for everyone was running dangerously short. The only thing keeping me sane was of course my ongoing prayers for God to get us out of this situation.

It'd only been day four and I'm not sure how much longer I can last. I never liked being in one place all to long.

"We can watch some of these old tapes" drew suggested. We didn't have anything better to do so I didn't see why not.

"Why'd i look like I was bow legged ma?" Jdrew asked all while chuckling under his breath.

"Boy, you was" I replied shaking my head remembering the faint memories of his first few steps.

"I don't know why you over there so tickled, you had a dip in your step when you was that age too." Dorinda said to nikki with kash in her lap.

"Mama i didn't even say nothing" she replied.

"I heard you in my spirit" doe said causing me to chuckle a bit.

"Y'all look so bad" dee said while we switched over to all the kids together running around in the backyard.

"They were" me, drew, jacky and doe said in unison.

After watching the rest of the home tapes it was around time for dinner for everyone except me.

I had been fasting.. if we were going to get out of this situation any time soon it would take fasting and praying.

"Mama please drink something.. please" kierra pleaded with me but I wasn't breaking.

"Kierra i done told you, now leave me be" I snapped walking to my side of the bed.. I guess i'd get a head start on sleep.. I had a deep feeling I would need it.

- three hours later -

|deaja| everyone else around me was sound asleep giving me a little bit of time before someone stirred awake.

I sat there waiting to make sure everyone was out... if I messed this up they would for sure tie me down to the bed.

I sat up and looked around before standing to my feet. Fortunately I recognized every creek and sound the floor made so I knew where not to step.

Successfully i made it out the room without being caught.. for now at least.

I went into my room grabbing my backpack and placing a few things I'm sure i'd need.. I grabbed what was left of the non-perishable items and placed a few pairs of clothes.. along with my chargers and simple things like that.

Finally putting on a hoodie and some sweats then I put on my airmaxes.. I knew I would have to do some type of running.

Saying a quick prayer before climbing out the window..

I made it.

I started walking quietly being well aware of my surroundings. But I knew just walking until I found something would take me forever.

"If i was my dad- what would I do? Where would I hideout?" I asked myself trying myself to put myself in my fathers mind.

And then it dawned on me- if I were him I would hide in plain sight.. I turned around to the house directly next to us.

"Donald you have to have more common sense if you wanted to fool anybody" I thought to myself chuckling dryly.

Obviously common sense wasn't so common.

If my suspensions were right then he had eyes on me already.. so it wouldn't have been smart to do anything stupid but of course- I turned the doorknob and there he stood.

"Hey daught, long time no see" he said lowly giving this weird smile like he did something.

I did it.

There would finally be a stop to this.