love

|karen| i sat in my room trying my best to calm down like drew instructed in favor of me and my girl in between my legs.

Every time I managed to calm down I'm reminded of all she had to go through. I feel like i could've prevented half the things but i knew if i went down that route i'd end up in that dark place i was not to long ago.

Deaja was a good kid.. I never had to raise my voice or tell her things more then once. It was always "yes ma'am"

I cared for her like I carried her for nine months.. she went so long without a motherly figure and that's what i aspired to be.

"Karen" Drew said nodding heading into the room closing the door behind him. I just sat and stared at him, my eyes following everywhere his body went.

"So you don't have anything to say for yourself?" He asked standing in place. "Nothing much, I'll see you later though" I said going out the bedroom door.

I went downstairs to find the two talking on the couch. "What's going on?" I said sitting in the chair opposite of them.

"Nun we was finna go up to to the school and see if he was still there." J said looking at me. "Alright I'm coming with y'all but first deaja, come with me" I said standing up.

I grabbed her hand and led her to her room into the bathroom. I grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink.

"Sit down on the sink" I told her opening the kit grabbing all I needed. "Auntie are you mad at me?" She asked swinging her feet.

"Quit swinging those battle ships and no why would I be mad?" I asked her pouring the alcohol on a cotton ball.

"Cause I know little things like this could tarnish your name.. the front desk lady knows who I am so it'll be harder I'm sure.. I just don't wanna feel like I'm disappointing you in any way." She said softly.

Lord she was so soft spoken like me it didn't make sense. "Deaja we do have to be careful but I don't want you to feel like your feelings are invalid cause of who I am, your not a disappointment. never have been and never will be"

I placed the cotton ball on her little cut making her jump a bit. "Ouu that hurt" she said fixing her shirt. "I'm sorry baby" I replied throwing it away.

I put the neosporin to the cut and helped her down from the sink. "We'll put a ice pack on that" I said lightly touching her knot causing her to hiss in pain.

I looked down at her seeing she only had on spandex. "Put on some pants or other shorts cause I would hate to have to kill a nigga for looking at you." I said tapping her lil butt she had back there.

"Now auntie-" she said laughing throwing on Nike boy shorts over the spandexes. "Alright let's go I know your cousin is ready to blow a fuse." I said heading up the stairs.

We sat in the car.. all four of us on the way to the school.. everybody was pretty much quiet there wasn't to much to say.. our actions would speak loud enough.

we all were headed into the front office getting straight to the point. "Hi mrs. Sheard how may I-" right there is when I cut her off.

"Yeah yeah so my niece came home with a beat up face.. given by one of your heathen students." I let out in a agitated tone.

"I see, can you give me a run down of what happened?" She asked deaja. She told her very little detail making sure not to leave out anything.

"We can't do much because there isn't any witnesses we know of.. we can't do anything I'm sorry for the inconvenience." She said typing into the computer.

That right there made something inside of me snap. "What do you mean you can't do anything?! This girls face should be enough- you know what? How about I take this to the board?" I threatened.

"N-no mrs.sheard there's no need for that.. the best I can do is switch around her schedule." She said in a scared tone. "Do what you can that's all we ask of you" I said looking around.

|deaja| i was handed my brand new schedule and as we took our stuff outside i saw him. My head shot down immediately making j to look over to me then up at who i was just looking at.

"Awe hell naa" he said before running and tackling grown ass catching him off guard. They were now wrestling and throwing hits at another all in the middle of the drive way.

|karen| After I saw that he got enough I walked over to the boy curled up on the floor. "And that's for laying your nasty finger on my niece. I spat heading towards the car where everybody was.

"Have you eaten?" I asked her waiting for a response. "Nope" she said nonchalantly. "What I tell you about that?" I asked her.. "what you wanna eat?"

"Can we get wingstop?" She asked and we all decided that sounded good so that's what we went with. We went in the house making a pallet on the floor before sitting down.

Drew was in his study again and jdrew just left with food.. "well how you feel now?" I asked her looking over at her devour the all flats she had.

"It was aight besides the lil situation. She said in between chews. "I almost forgot" I said before going into the kitchen and in the freezer.

I came back with the ice pack, holding it on her bump kissing the top of her head. "You know I love you right?" I asked her after we were about thirty minutes into the movie.

"I love you so much more; thank you for all you do in all seriousness " she said laying her head in my lap.

Maybe I was being to overprotective.. but then again not really.. I just didn't play about any of them.. which is normally perfect .

My thoughts were interrupted by me slowly dozing off with dee still laying in my lap fast asleep.

"Today was a eventful day huh" i said just above a whisper falling into a long sleep.