angel of mine

|karen| "Drew what are you just standing there for help me get her out of here" I said snapping him out of whatever trance he was in.

"Right, sorry" he quickly said before grabbing her legs while I grabbed her top half.

"You know what- give her to me, she's as light as a feather." He said quickly grabbing her from me.

I shot him a 'not right now' look before turning around quickly heading out the room.

I knew that if it was a bomb the residue could cause a second blast.

We both made it far away from the house and called jacky and kierra to gather the kids and come on.

I myself knew that she didn't have much time left.

"What's going on did you- what the fuck happened?!" A very hormonal kierra came stumbling out the house.

"I'll explain in the car hurry up and get in we don't have that much time." I instructed everyone as dorinda took the front seat so I could hold dee.

"Where's jdrew and jay?" I asked looking around noticing neither of them were present.

"Right here" jdrews voice called guy out. I turned to look out the window and found them both dragging a body with multiple gun shot wombs.

"Who did it?" I asked looking between the two.

"He did" jay said ratting him out.

"What did you do? Get trigger happy?" I asked him in disbelief.

"See what had happened was-" he started and I cut him off.

"I don't even wanna hear, let's go. We'll call the police on the way." I rushed them along.

They all got in and drew practically flew to the hospital. Now we were just waiting for jacky to come back from inside.

They came with all types of things to bring her back inside and all I could do was watch.

|three hours later|

"The family of deaja moss?" The doctor called out after what seemed like forever.

"Yes?" I answered indicating everyone to stand up.

"And you are?" He asked looking through the pile of papers he held.

"Her legal guardian, go on" I answered quickly. I didn't know how much more waiting i could take.

"At first we didn't have that much hope but somehow.. she made a complete turn around."

"Aside from her cuts and bruises.. she has a slight concussion along with not one but two broken legs. We did have to go in for surgery but we'll go over that at a later date. Now I know it sounds like a lot but at least she's still in the land of the living." He finished allowing me to give a sigh of relief.

"Okay thank you so much, can we see her?" Drew asked hopefully.

"Yes she's alright so you'll be able to come see about her... she was just coming off of the anesthesia but she was crying for someone named Karen?" He said making my heart skip a few beats.

"Room 203 is where you'll wanna be" he said before walking off. We all piled into the elevator and waited patiently to go see our girl.

We were now outside of the room waiting to see who would go in first.

"Karen you go, she was asking for you" jacky said softly. I nodded my head and went inside of the room closing the door behind me.

My heart broke at the sight of her laying there with this helpless look on her face.

"Hey baby" I said softly swallowing the lump in my throat. She gave me a small smile before turning back over sparing into space.

"Its okay we don't have to talk now, I'm just glad you're okay." I said grabbing her hand.

"I am so sorry." I said apologizing feeling all the guilt weigh down on me.

"Auntie it's not your fault at all, it was my fault for not listening. I do have to ask tho.. where is he?" She asked fidgeting with her fingers.. a habit she did when she was anxious.

"He's uhh- he's dead.. your uncle is talking to the police right now." I said... worrying what her reaction might've been.

"Whew- okay" she said letting out a huge sigh of relief.

"I'm confused-" I said looking at her face for some type of emotion but there was none.

"Auntie.. while i was down there he umm.. he beat on me.. he touched on me in ways I don't even want to say... he constantly degraded me. So I couldn't give one care about him being dead even if I wanted to." She said looking me in my eyes.

"Dee I don't even know what to say-" I started fumbling over my words.

"It's alright.. while I was out I saw mama.. now I feel this sudden peace. I know you all were praying." She reassured me squeezing my hand.

"God knows how scared I was.. I love you so much my love" I told her kissing her before holding her a bit.

"I love you so much more." She replied.

"Karen would you come on? We wanna see her too" doe said peeking through the door.

"Right- sorry.. I'm gonna spend the night with you alright?" I asked her and I looked down to her being asleep. And honestly she seemed peaceful.

-the next day-

|deaja| "auntie my legs hurt so bad" i whined in discomfort.

"I know baby, it's about time for you to take your medicine anyways.. whatchu want to eat?" She asked me looking up from her phone.

"Nothing" I said really not having a appetite.

"You gotta eat something if you are trying to take these antibiotics." She replied

"Can I have some tater tots?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.

"Yeah, I'll go get you some from sonics" she said walking out of the room.

It hadn't even been a full twenty four hours since I've had these braces on and I was already ready to burn them.

I couldn't walk.. I either had to be carried everywhere or stuck in the wheelchair.

Right before I was about to turn over and go to sleep I got a call from brad making my face light up.

"Hey b" I said smiling from ear to ear. "Hey my luv, how you feeling?" he asked and I assured him I was alright.

After another thirty minutes of talking to him I heard the car pull into the driveway.

"Hey, I'm home" auntie called out coming in the front door with sonic bags and a cup.

"Hey, thank you" I said grabbing the cup and the bag that had way more than tots.

She walked in from the bathroom giving me my medicine to take and sat down beside me smiling softly.

"Hellooo" uncle drew said as he walked in the door.

"Hey uncle drew" I said chewing on a chicken tender.

"Hey baby dee, any better?" He asked pointing at my legs.

"Ehh, they hurt a little more today but I'll be okay." I replied glancing down at them.

I watched them as he took a seat next to auntie before leaning down leaving a kiss on her lips.

They were so cute it was sickening.

It had been just about a year since I've moved in and they've changed my life for the better. Throughout my whole life I have lost a plethora of things but I did gain some of the most beautiful people. All along they were my angels on earth I just had to open my eyes to see it.