official

|karen| it was my favorite time of the year.. it's December 25th and I was more so excited cause it was deajas first Christmas with us.

Thanksgiving is always easy. We all went over to jackys house and chilled all day. Today she would be meeting drews side of the family which was exciting.

It was only one in the afternoon and we haven't really done anything all day. "Are y'all ready to go?" I yelled out not feeling like walking all around the house to find the two.

"Yesssss" they both yelled out shortly after hearing footsteps. "Alright we leaving in five" i said putting on my perfume.

"Karen why did you make all that noise if you weren't even ready?" He asked from the bottom of the stairs.

"Drew not today, don't do it" I replied rolling my eyes grabbing my purse and heading downstairs.

We pulled into his brothers house parking the car and heading inside. As soon as we hit the door we were met with hugs and kisses.

My two oldest already being here meant it could only be two people.. jacob and kali. they both spoke to me, drew and deaja and we walked into the living room.

"Heey everybody" I said hugging and greeting everyone in the room Drew doing the same. "I'm sorry I forgot to introduce you all to my niece, deaja" I said nudging her forward.

"Hey y'all, I'm deaja" she said shyly waving at everyone. "The only person we're missing here is mama" ethan said smiling softly.

"It would be our first christmas without her huh?" Kierra pointed out. I nodded my head and found my seat.

We ate lightly knowing we still had to have dinner with my side. Opening presents we had here went smoothly for our first time of the day.

This year instead of opening gifts at my house we decided to haul everything to jackys and do it there.

"Alright we're finna head out, bye love y'all" Drew said getting up from his seat heading out the door.

"Bye" i smiled waving heading to the door. "You ready to see your cousins?" I asked her looking back at dee.

"Of course, I'm always excited to see them all" she replied looking up from her phone. "So what's going on with you and that li' boy?" I asked her remembering she told me about him a while back.

Whoever it was had her smiling so widely at that phone. "Me and him are in a relationship" she said making me and drews heads shoot around.

"Drew focus on the road, deaja since when?" I said trying to process if she ever told me that "For about three months" she said nonchalantly.

"Thr- three months dee?" Drew asked looking straight ahead. "Yes sir" she answered and all i did was shake my head. "As long as you're happy, don't depend on no nigga- i mean boy to provide for you. You get out there and do what you gotta do." I lectured her.

"Auntie you know nigga isn't a curse word?" She asked making me let out this ugly laugh. "Yes i know that, I gotta be an example" I said after I calmed down.

Drew parked the car and we went inside greeted by different yells and screams. The clark/moss side was obviously the loud side of the family.

We sat around and ate, laughed and talked just enjoying each other. "TIME FOR PRESENTS" Dorinda called out from in the living room where everything sat.

The presents took up the whole living room leaving us nowhere to sit down at so we let the babies go ahead and open theirs.

"Deaja go get that one right there" I pointed to the gift under the tree. She grabbed it and brung it back to me.

"Open it" I instructed her, everyone got quiet anxious to see what the weirdly shaped gift was. "What is this?" She asked reading over the papers she pulled out.

"No you didn't-" she breathed out looking up at me. "I did, you're officially adopted baby" i cheesed hugging her feeling her tears hit my chest.

"You finna have the whole house crying" jacky said wiping her eyes. "Okay stop all that crying, go on open the rest of your gifts" i told her.

The next gift she unwrapped was this statue sort of thing with Trina in it.. once you plugged it in it lights up showing her image.

Of course the whole house was crying except the kids standing around confused on why everyone was crying.

After everyone opened gifts deaja would be leaving with a new ipad and a lump sum of money for her to spend on herself.

We sat downstairs in the basement watching home alone.. we always watched some type of Christmas movie.

Around the middle of the movie I saw doe signaling for me to come here out the side of my eye.

I trailed behind her going up the stairs. "Wassup?" I asked her wondering what was so important.

"You remember when the girls pranked me?" She asked.. my mind trailing back I remembered. "Yeah why?" I asked her.

"We finna prank them, we'll act like you fell down the stairs and i'll just play alongwith it" she replied. It wasn't a bad idea, I'm sure it would be fun.

I heard the sound of the Bluetooth speaker connecting then soon to follow the girls singing to the top of their lungs.

"So we'll do it when I give you the signal" she said and I agreed making our way back down the stairs.

My ears were met with the girls screaming out the lyrics to "did you wrong". It wasn't a Christmas song but we let it slide seeing them too far into it.

"I did you wrong, you did me wrong, I take you back, you take me back. I did you wrong girl, you did me wrong girl, I take you back, I take you back, yea yea"

After they were done standing on pool tables singing at the top of their lungs "this Christmas" by Donny Hathaway started playing resulting in everyone singing and dancing.

I saw dorindas signal which meant it was my time to shine. I went up the stairs slowly trying not to draw to much attention to myself.

At the top of the stairs I took two steps down then another.. I picked my foot up somehow in my mind I forgot to put it down. I missed a step and now i was going down the stairs involuntarily feeling a sharp pain on my head.

Fighting to keep my consciousness I felt my eyes get heavy as I heard yelling, cries and screams surrounding me everywhere.

I gave in to the urge to slip away, i was out.
________________________________

y'all this legit took me a couple days to write.. I was stuck for the longest lmao I hope you enjoyed!