worth it II

|deaja| i walked down the stairs to my room after being surprised by all my family. I never had a surprise birthday before so this was new.

I hopped in the shower washing away all the early festivities away. I hopped out, fixed my hair, brushed my teeth and pulled out my clothes I got earlier.

I quickly put lotion on before opening up my shein package i ordered a couple days ago. I pulled out my solid one-shoulder fitted crop top and threw it on straightening it out.

I wasn't one to wear crop tops like that because I've always been told I'm too skinny. Over these few months I've been here I've definitely gained a few pounds.

I was so quick to throw on all black but I didn't feel like doing too much. I wiggled into my black high rise ripped jeans i picked up from forever 21 cause my shoes alone were way to much for a pair of shoes but I only turned sixteen once.

After putting on my socks I unboxed my b23 dior high top sneakers in the colors white and black.

I knew I was short on time so I quickly grabbed my charm bracelets, my cross necklace and my necklace with ma in it before heading up the stairs.

As soon as I hit the door "ouuuuu girl when you get them?" kierra asked pulling out her phone.

Before I could answer my face was met with the flash of her phone. "Kierra moveeee" i said laughing struggling to hear from all the loud music.

"You cute, you cuteee" she said gassing my head up. All I could do was smile and laugh at her goofiness.

"Show us the fit cuzzo" jay said walking over with his phone recording. I did a full 360 spin with a pose to follow.

"PERIODDD" is all i heard enter and leave my ear gates. "Okaay yall making me nervous, wea my aunties at?" I asked looking around then spotting all four of them on the couch.

"Heey birthday girl" auntie twinkie greeted me smiling. "Hii" i smiled leaning in for a hug. I sat and talked to them for a few minutes before one of my favorite gospel songs came on.

"WONT HE MAKE YOU CLEAN INSIDE" everybody screamed to the top of their lungs. Yeah I loved my r&b and trap music but it was something about that gospel.

Besides we had to keep it kid friendly this go round. I walked up to jdrew who was behind the turn table.. why they had one? i have no idea.

"Play be sure" I said smiling anxious for the song to play. Before I knew we were related that was my go to song that i overplayed every change i got.

"If you ask me, why I really took so long?
It was like waiting for that picture perfect song
If you ask me, why I took so many years?
It's never easy coping with your fears"

The look on aunties face was everything. "uhh unt y'all know ion like listening to my music that's too louddd" she whined heading over to me and jdrew.

By the time she got over to me I was already standing on a chair singing to the camera nikki had in my face. "i love youuu, you love me but we must be sureee" i sung smiling on the inside.

The song played out and per her request we didn't play anymore of her songs. We ate, sung and told story's.. one of my favorite things to do.

"Y'all come on around the piano, baby dee you singing" auntie k said grabbing my wrist pulling me into where the piano sat.

"Twink play simply yes" Auntie doe said helping her sit down on the bench. "Can you start it and I pick it up?" I asked auntie karen.. she shook her head and started singing.

"Could there still be a chance left for me
To have all the things my soul needs
Is this the day, my heart longs for a way
Might start to cry, but allow for me to say"

She finished off the first verse and that's where I picked up at. "Oh, what my heart longs to hear, simply yes, Like music to my ears. just say yes, Yes you have come to mend what's undone Yes, simply yes"

By the time I was done leading the song people were wiping their eyes. I never understood why everytime i sung it brought people to tears.

"You see what you do to people when you open your mouth?" Auntie k asked me walking up to me wrapping her arm around me.

"Yes ma'am" I said softly smiling looking around. "You have a gift baby dee, use it" she said giving me a familiar look.

"Alright it's time for presents, come on" she said walking to the couch. I grabbed my chair and sat down beside the table full of gifts.

Each time I opened a gift my eyes filled up with tears.. I was so very grateful for all the people God placed in my life.

After a long thirty of minutes unwrapping gifts and checking the many cashapp notifications we went outside to find the nicely decorated backyard.

I went out and went in front of the white backdrop that stood for pictures. I looked right to take pictures so I did.

Of course my cousins in the back screaming everytime the camera man snapped a picture. Everyone slowly migrated outside watching me do different things in front of the camera.

"Deaja turn around" uncle drew called from in front of me. When I turned around there was an all black Dodge Charger with a big pink bow on it.

I was speechless cause I knew that wasn't a car sitting in front of me. I turned around quickly wrapping my arms around the two that made it happen.

"Happy birthday boo" auntie karen said pulling back looking at me. "Thank you so so much like-" I choked up.

"Don't cry, you bring us nothing but joy.. you never cause me or my wife any problems" unc said pulling out the keys from his pocket.

I ran up to the car watching jdrew get out the front seat. I took a seat, closed the door and took a minute to take all this in.. the pretty interior inside was what did it.

They told me it was okay to drive around a bit so I did that.. when I got done I pulled into the driveway and went back inside to see everybody off.

It was only my aunts, uncles and cousins left when we got a knock on the door. "Someone must've left something" I said before opening the door.

Nothing could've prepared me for the face I opened up to.