long run

|karen| "okay drew you done wore me out what if dee would've walked in?" I asked straightening my clothes grabbing a paper towel to wipe up our mess.

"You think she heard us?" He asked buckling his pants back up. "No i wasn't that loud I don't think- let me go check on her" I said heading towards the stairs.

"Deaja i was wonder-" i made it to the bottom of the stairs just to find that she wasn't there. "DEAJA" I yelled out waiting for her to come from wherever she was.

No response.

I looked around the room for her keys or her phone something letting know she was still in the house.

"Maybe she's sitting in her car" I said to myself opening the front door to drews car out there. "Drew she's gone" I called out stepping onto the cool pavement looking around.

"What do you mean she's gone?" He asked in a panicky tone. "What i just said, the car is gone she's not there" I snapped walking into the house.

"We gotta go find her" i said going to find my keys. "No, let's call around I bet she's with kiki" he said trying his best to calm my nerves.

I fumbled with my phone walking up the stairs sitting on my side of the bed waiting for
Drew to come in.

He trotted in and I hit kierras contact before pushing the 'call' option. The phone ringed a bit before she picked up.

"Hello? Hey mommy" she said in a giddy voice. "Hey baby, is dee with you?" I asked nervously. "No she's not, you check her car?" She asked shuffling around.

"No it's not here anymore kierra" I said trying to think where she could be. "Try auntie doe, you know she's always all up under her" she suggested.

"Alright I didn't think of that, thank you ki.. i love you" I said before hanging up the phone quickly ringing up doe.

"Yes karen?" She asked before I could get my question out. "Is deaja with you?" I rushed out hoping and praying she was.

"Yes she came here cause you and drew was having sex in the kitchen, why?" She said dryly upsetting me further.

"I'm on the way to come get her" I said getting up from my seat. "No, she's already asleep, she has clothes over here" she said defending her.

"Whatever doe, good night love you" I replied slightly upset that she even left in the first place. "Good night, i love you too" she said before disconnecting the line.

"Why'd she even leave?" I said lowly slipping off my clothes to hop in the shower. After ten minutes i got out and immediately hopped in bed.

"You can't blame her, if I were her I'd leave too" drew said turning off the light. "I know that but- I don't know" I said under my breath.

I wasn't mad.. I just wish this all could've been avoided. I made a mental note to minimize our adventures to our bedroom before rolling over falling asleep.

-the next morning-

|dorinda| i stirred awake to the sound of little footsteps running around downstairs. I rolled over to find greg still asleep.

Sighing I got up, brushed my teeth and went downstairs to see what all the commotion was about.

"Why y'all making all the noise at ten o'clock in the morning?" I asked my grand babies as they looked up at me from the bottom of the stairs with the most innocent looks they could give me.

"Don't be looking at me like that, have y'all ate? Where's y'all mama?" I asked making my way down the stairs to see what was in there to eat.

"Mommy's at the grocery store right now" kash said twirling in place. "How long she been gone d?" I asked him looking around seeing no groceries.

"She been gone for like an hour" he said walking in the living room. "Come on we finna go get some mcdonalds" I said turning to throw on some slippers.

I drove to the mcdonalds around the corner and got everybody breakfast cause I didn't feel like waiting for Nikki to get back with the groceries.

"Kashie was dee up when you woke up?" I asked her turning around. "No she was still sleep" she said skipping to the door.

She was always so full of energy and for what I have no idea. I opened the front door and walked in putting down everybody's food but deajas.

I walked into kashies room to find her sprawled out on the floor knocked out. "Deaja" I said lightly tapping her.

"Dee" I said a little louder then before tapping her harder. Sure enough she was still asleep so I tapped her on her non existent butt.

"I'm up I'm up" she said quickly sitting up. "Why'd you hit me" she asked groggily. "Cause you were sleeping like a rock" I replied handing her the chicken biscuit and hash brown I got for her.

"Thank you" she said lifting her head from the bag looking me in my eyes. "You look like mama so much" I said noticing the many features they shared.

"So how you feeling, how's your mental been?" I asked her tapping her leg waiting for her response.

"It's been okay, I've been noticing that I get annoyed easily.. I like being alone auntie doe.. I don't wanna upset anybody by it tho"

"I always tend to get caught up in my mind.. I'm such an over-thinker and I'm not sure how to prevent that"

"You know kiki's new song?" She asked me. I nodded my head yes remembering listening to it the first time bringing me to tears.

"That song is exactly how I feel.. I don't know how to express myself properly" she finished off looking down fiddling with her nails.

"You're so much like me, it's not even funny.. I've been where your at plenty of times and all those times i always feel alone." I said in a soft tone.

"Start writing down your thoughts cause it's definitely not healthy to be so stuck in your head all the time.. it's perfectly okay for you to want to be alone.. just swing by here if you ever feel that way, I'm here for you" I said wiping away the tear that fell from her eyes.

Interrupting me I got a call from karen. "Hey, wassup?" I answered waiting to hear something from the other end.

"Dorinda" she said in a tone I couldn't make out. "What Karen?" I asked her getting annoyed that she was taking forever to say what she had to say.

"Donald got released this morning" I swear my heart skipped a few beats when I heard those words leave her mouth.

I looked up at deaja finishing her biscuit.. "dee you gotta go back home, go straight there don't stop for anything." I instructed her.

"But why-" she started but I cut her off. "Deaja I'm not playing, just do as I say and go straight to karens house" I said kissing her forehead before walking out.

I stood in front of the window watching her pull out the driveway. "Lord whatever you're doing I pray she'll be okay in the long run"