worth it

|karen| i opened the door to the basement with Drew to follow.. today was a special day and I was ecstatic.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY DEE" me and Drew yelled out as loud as we could making dee jump out her sleep.

"Y'all scared me" she said grabbing her chest trying to catch her breath. "Happy birthday my babyyyy" I said cheesing.

"Thank you, thank y'all" she said getting up from her bed to give us both hugs. "So what you have planned for today?" I asked her.

She usually had her own thing planned out but so did i. "I was gonna go to the mall for an outfit.. i should be done by two or three" she answered looking at the time.

That should be enough time to get everything together. "Alright, check your bank account when you get the chance, i love you and be safe" i said before walking off with drew.

"So what all do you have planned for today?" Drew asked getting back comfortable under the covers. "Well first imma take her to go visit trina then go up to the dmv to get her license.. come back here where kierra and them have already set up outside and in here.. then we'll have open presents and all that good stuff" i explained gathering my things to get in the shower.

I sat in the shower letting the water spray onto my body.. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face later on today. I was proud to say that my mental health had indeed increased over these last six months.

Baby dee really changed my life for the better.. she was my personal angel. Who would've known my niece i didn't know about could have such a big impact on me.

So the little materialistic things like later on today didn't bother me.. she's so much more than all of it.

I put on my cuffed bedazzled jeans with a long black and white sweat shirt type thing going on.. then to top it i put on my louis vuitton stellar sneaker boots.

After checking myself out in the mirror i was reminded that i had to set an alarm for Drew i took his phone and set it for one o'clock.. he wasn't about to be sleeping all day.

I went down the stairs to let my children in the house so they could get started. "Hey y'all, nikkia.. jay ian know y'all would be here this earlier. now that your here you gotta help" I said before going down the stairs.

|deaja| it's january fifth meaning it's my birthday.. i haven't really celebrated it since my twelfth so i didn't really plan on doing anything to special.

I would be spending the morning with my boyfriend so that's something im looking forward to.

After my very loud happy birthday greeting I threw on some leggings a hoodie and my crocs., i'd save my other outfit for later.

I got a text that brad was outside so I grabbed my purse and headed up the stairs only to find my cousins up there.

"Happy birthday baby dee" they all said giving me hugs and kisses. 'Baby dee' was one of many nicknames they all picked for me.

"Who's that outside?" Jdrew asked and my heart nearly fell out of my ass. I forgot I didn't tell them I had a boyfriend so I guess now would be the time.

"My boyfriend brad" I said dryly walking towards the door. "Since when?" Jay asked me walking behind me.

"Since five months ago" I said stopping in my tracks turning around to see all the expressions that sat on their faces.

"FIVE MONTHS?" They all four said running up to me. "auntie now you knew about this?" Nikki asked turning to auntie k.

"Yes i knew, he makes her happy so leave her be" she said before walking off into the kitchen. "Alright see y'all later" I said twisting the doorknob.

My skin was met with the hot sun.. my phone is full of selfies of me in the sunlight so of course I couldn't let this opportunity pass.

I pulled out my phone and in the camera I see jay and jdrew behind me. "What are y'all doing?" I asked them slightly annoyed.

"Let's meet brad" jdrew said walking up to the car. Before either of them could make it I ran and got in the passenger seat.

"Wassup I'm deajas cousin, jdrew and this jay" they said dapping him up. "Wassam, I'm brad what you on?" He asked.

"Nun we just tryna meet the nigga who be having her smiling from ear to ear, you already know what I was finna tell you so play it safe" jay said before they both walked off.

"Let's go" I said rolling my eyes.. we got to the mall and walked around for about an hour or two grabbing things.

Brad being brad he insisted on buying most of my things.. I ended up leaving with bags, jewelry, purses, clothes and shoes.

I got a text from auntie k that she'd be there in a few minutes so we headed out to his car where we sat until she got here.

"Happy birthday love" he said looking over to me. "Thank you babyyy" I said grinning wildly. "Come here why you so far away?" He asked me laughing. I scooted up and before I could react we were kissing in broad daylight.

We never kissed before that and it was all worth it. "Alright bye, i'll FaceTime you tonight" I said before grabbing my things and getting out the car.

|karen| i picked up baby dee from the mall and she was all giddy. "Was you doing something that you wasn't supposed to be doing?" I asked her smiling.

"If my first kiss is wrong then yes" she said making my jaw drop. "Whaat? If auntie doe and uncle Greg can play tag in the back of a church van what i did isn't nearly as bad." She finished making me scream loud.

I trailed behind deaja as she made her way to trinas spot.. she sat and talked to her like she was sitting right there.

Next we went to the dmv so she could take her test.. which she passed so now she was able to drive alone.

We pulled into the house driveway and I helped her grab her bags and stuff walking through the front door to a dark house.

"SURPRISE" everyone screamed popping from everywhere screaming and yelling happy birthday. "Awe you didn't have to do thisss, thank y'all so much" she said holding her chest looking around.

"Don't worry about it dee, go get dressed and come back upstairs so you can enjoy your party" i said smiling handing her bags.

The look on her face made it all worth it.