handle it

|deaja| i sat in the bathroom for the whole lunch period.. don't get me wrong tho. I'm not scary but I did have to calm myself down cause once you get me started there's no calming me down.

I heard the bell ring and I walked to the sink looking at my reflection in the mirror. I definitely had marks left on my face.

"Damn" i said under my breath knowing that it'll show by the end of the day. I was always in something.. I was never able to catch a break.

I sat in my last three classes just doing what I needed to do so I could leave and go home. Auntie karens name flashed across the phone and i answered it.

"Hello?" I said after I answered the call. "Hey dee I'm about five minutes away.. imma pull into the front alright?"

"Alright see you then." I said as I walked through the front door i saw her car pull into the front of the seat.

"Lord please just let it over pass her cause I'm already knowing how she finna show out." I said to myself before opening the door.

|karen| i saw deaja walking towards the door and i immediately knew something was wrong. She got into the car but it was like she was avoiding to look at me.

"Deaja look at me" i said waiting for head to turn around.. It didn't. "Dee.. Turn your head and look me in my eyes" I said sternly.

Her head slowly turned around, eyes red and face beat up. "Deaja what the fu-.. I'm sorry, what happened to your face?" I caught myself from cussing in front of her but the way I was feeling I didn't care.

"Nothing auntie, can we just go?" She asked sniffling. "Not until you tell me what's wrong" I said feeling myself grow more angry.

"Auntie please.." she pleaded.. I could tell she was tired but after she got up I was getting to the bottom of this.

It was a long quiet ride home.. I didn't bother asking how her day went cause obviously it didn't go so well.

I parked the car and watched her go inside before calling jdrew. "Hello?" He said from the other end. "Hey son, can you come over?" I asked him. He agreed and said he would be on his way.

I went inside and went up stairs to find Drew laying sleep. Another one of his noon day naps I assume.

I pulled back the covers and laid on top of him trying to match up my heart beat with his. "Hey baby" he said groggily.

"Hey drew" I replied closing my eyes suddenly feeling sleepy. "How's deaja?" He asked and my eyes shot open.

"She came to the car with her face beat up." I said making him sit up with me still in his lap. "Karen what do you mean she came with her face beat up?" He asked in a confused tone.

"What i just said, she won't say anything to me.. I called jdrew to come talk to her.. she seems to stick with him the most." I said looking up at the ceiling trying to calm down.

"You know how jdrew is about her.. why would you call him?" He asked shifting on the bed. "Y'all are worried about what he'll do but y'all should be worried about what I'm capable of, I fight kids too" i said getting up from his lap slamming the bathroom door.

|deaja| i sat in my bed after I changed my clothes.. I threw on my spandex and a graphic tee.. nothing special.

Scrolling through instagram I saw someone new followed me.. I clicked on the profile and sure enough it was ole dude who helped me out.

I went ahead and clicked follow back before I heard the doorbell ring. Then footsteps to follow.

I heard a male voice.. the voice of jdrew . "Why did she call him" I said to myself sitting up. I threw on my crocs and went up the stairs nearly bumping into his figure.

"Wassup" I asked him looking over to see aunt karen standing with her arms crossed. "Don't wassup me what's wrong with your face?!" He asked reaching out getting a good look at my face.

Uncle Drew came in standing behind auntie karen, everybody was standing there waiting for my response.

Did I really wanna tell them? A part of me is telling me to just hush but another is saying that it'll never stop unless I do. But I'm not going out as no punk...

"I got into a fight with a boy" I said dropping my head. "You what?" Auntie karen said walking over to me.

"He started picking with me in first period called me a b word and all.. then during lunch period he grabbed my arm and I slapped him then he punched me and next thing you know fist are flying everywhere." I said looking up at all three of them.

"So this nigga put his hands on you?" Jdrew asked pulling out his phone. "Yeah" i said shifting my feet.

"Well you handled that right, you did what needed to be done." unc said giving me a nod. "What he look like?" jdrew asked me looking up at me.

I described him and he immediately went back to whatever he was doing in his phone. "This him?" He asked showing me a picture.

"Yeah that's him how'd you know?" I asked him watching him walk off. "Who is it son?" Auntie asked walking behind him.

"A while back me and his brother got into it.. he's eighteen and i oughta kill him in broad daylight." He answered looking straight ahead.

"First off you aren't killing anybody, that's my job... I don't play about what's mine and that child over there" she said pointing to me.

"That's mine, so if y'all not finna come with me I'll do it myself I don't need nobody." She said starting towards the door.

"Wait- y'all don't gotta do this.. just let him be" I said suddenly feeling sick to my stomach.. death wasn't an easy topic to touch on.

"Karen let's think before we do anything.." unc said going over to her grabbing her wrist. "Drew let me go, let me go" she raised her voice looking at the door she was desperately trying to get to.

"I'm not letting you go, you'll do something we'll all regret." He said holding her back. "Drew i swear once you let me go im swinging on you cause you waisting my time." She said more louder then before.

If she was anything like me, holding her back would only add more fuel to the fire.. we all knew how crazy she was.

|karen| the amount of anger I felt wasn't good for anybody and that included Drew. I've said this many times before but dee is my baby.. So for that grown ass nigga to put his hands on her-

"Karen get your behind up those stairs and calm down or else." Drew whispered in my ear sending chills up and down my spine..

Whoever the boy is had it in for him.. where ever he was he had it coming. I wonder when people are gonna learn to not touch what's mine.