Guarded Hearts | 𝘋. 𝘋𝘪𝘹𝘰𝘯

❝I wish someone had warned me when I was younger, that when you start to care about something, It get's taken away no matter how much you beg for it to stay.❞

𝙏𝙄𝙈𝙀𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙀- 9 to 10

𝙏𝙄𝙏𝙇𝙀- Guarded Hearts

𝙁𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙄𝙈(s)- Lindsey Morgan, Zoe Kravitz

𝙊𝘾 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀(s)- Aspen Tatum, Maci Tatum

𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙏- Daryl Dixon

{ᗪEᔕᑕᖇIᑭTIOᑎ}

❝When you meet him, you will realize that they make people who have tornadoes instead of souls.❞

{𝙀𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙮}

ASPEN TATUM AND HER SISTER, MACI HAD ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR EACH OTHER. Aspen was the older of the two siblings, and had always taken care of her younger sister. Though she was only a few years older than Maci, Aspen had always felt the need to provide for her since their mother was barely around to do it. Aspen and Maci's father had left them when Aspen was 15 and Maci was 13. He had never explained why, he just up and left with no explanation. Never reached out, called or anything. After that, Aspen's mother struggled with finances. She worked most the time, leaving the two girls to fend for themselves for the most part since their beloved mother had also taken up drinking during her rare free time.

Aspen had a job, but also had juggled between school and doing her best to care for her family. By the time both sisters graduated high school, their mother had landed in jail for reckless driving and drug abuse. Aspen had decided to join the army, and Maci had received a scholarship to Harvard university. It was hard, but the two went their separate ways. But 3 years later, the end rose. The world was slowly torn apart by monsters that Aspen had never thought she would ever see outside of a TV screen, but she was wrong. Both sisters managed to make it out alive, and later found each other when they both went back to their childhood home after everything happened. 

After being reunited, the two stuck together and survived for a good year and half until they find themselves in need of help when Maci is injured in a fight with another survivor who attempted to take their things. Aspen was able to fight them off, but not before Maci caught a bullet to the abdomen. The two were close to Alexandria, and had heard rumors of the place being a sanctuary for people in need, so they followed the signs until they found themselves at the gates of Alexandria. 

{𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘴}

-Maci and Aspen's face claims are UNCHANGEABLE, same goes for their names!

-Maci is the most Important thing in the world to Aspen, and Aspen would do anything to protect her. You could say that Aspen is her only weakness.

-Since she spent time in the army, Aspen does have mild PTSD like most soldiers do, so she will have nightmares from her experiences there.

-When she was in the army, she got close to someone. Let her guard down for once, and fell in love with a man from her unit. He was killed before they could even think about being together, and that made her realize how easy it is to lose someone so she is afraid of love, but has always wanted it.

-Maci Is always encouraging Aspen to live a little, and let her guard down so that she can be happy. You could say that Maci is the more bright spirited sister, but the two are as close as sisters can be.

-When Daryl and Aspen meet, they are curious about each other but Daryl is the first one to speak to Aspen. He finds himself oddly intrigued to Aspen, and finds himself not being able to resist the urge to be with her.

{𝘗𝘈𝘚𝘚𝘞𝘖𝘙𝘋:}

Why do you think Daryl never let himself get close to anyone? 

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS BELOW AFTER FOLLOWING ALL THE STEPS AND READING OVER THE RULES IN THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS SHOP. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LONGER AND MORE DETAILED YOUR ANSWER IS, THE MORE LIKELY YOU ARE TO WIN THE PLOT. : )