Forgiving and forgetting

Hawk and I drove to the dojo together, I haven't left bc nothing was going wrong. Fall in, sensei said. We stood in rows, hawk would look back at kyler ever now and then. I could tell he was still scared. We were in the middle of training when the bells jingled. We all look at the door waiting to see who was coming in.

Holy shit, I said. Madsion and Ben walked in. What are y'all doing here, hawk asked. We decided to join is that a problem lip, ben said. Ben don't, I said. What does he expect everyone to not pay attention to his lip, he asked. No but I already told u that ur not allowed to bully him, I said. You love me to much to break up with me, he said. Maybe he was right I loved him.

Just please stop, I begged. Well u can't do anything to hurt me, Madsion said. I looked back at hawk he was covering up his lip. Keep doing it and u will find out just what I can do, I said. So yall want to join cobra Kai, sensei asked. Yes, they both said.

A couple days of training and we will see just how good y'all are, sensei said. Ben was a football player and wrestler so he would probably be good. But Madsion only did basketball so I didn't know about her.

The first day they sucked so I was hoping they would be kicked off but sensei gave them multiple days. After practice I went to talk to Ben. Ben can we talk, I asked. Yeah whatever, he said. Look I love u but please don't join cobra Kai, I said. Why, he asked. It will turn u into a bad person, I said. Oh so that's what's wrong with u, he said. What, I asked. Ur a bad person but u can't see it, he said.

I'm not a bad person, I said. Are u sure u broke hawk's heart then Kyler's then Ethan's u hurt people, he said. No they hurt me first so I just ended things with them, I said. No u can't handle when people change, he said. That's not true, I said. Yeah it is so I'm joining cobra Kai and if I change I guess we will have to see where it goes, he said smiling. Fine I don't care but leave hawk alone, I said. Why bc u love him, he asked. Yes I love him but not the same way I love u, I said. Yeah ok, he said driving off.

I walked over to hawk. Are u ok, I asked. Yeah why wouldn't I be, he said. But I could tell he was pissed. Tell me what's wrong, I said. You love him so no matter what he does u will choose him, he said walking off.

A couple of days went by hawk stopped talking to me, Madison and Ben got better at cobra Kai, and I started hating cobra Kai.

Miguel can I talk to u, I asked. Yeah what is it, he asked. I'm thinking about quitting cobra Kai, I said . Really why, he asked. It changes people and I'm just now seeing that, I said. Well that's great do u want to join eagle fang, he asked. Yeah but I think I should still go to cobra Kai so I can know what's happening, I said. Are u sure that's smart if they find out u will be dead, he said. Yeah I got this, I said.

Hey princess, ben said. Hey, I said. Why u talking to this loser, he said. He's not a loser he's my friend, I said. Yeah some friend, he said. What's that supposed to mean, Miguel asked. Just that u don't deserve to be her friend, he said. Ben u can't tell me who I can and can't be friends with, I said. Yes I can u can't have any boy friends, he said. No I'm gonna have guy friends, I said. Yeah see what will happen, he said walking away.

I'll see u later Miguel, I said. Ok see u, Miguel said. I wanted to talk to Ethan since it had been a while since we last talked. Hey Ethan, I said sitting next to him. What do u want, he asked. I want to be friends again, I said. Why, he asked. Bc what happened at the party was a mistake I love u just not the way u want me too but I want u in my life, I said. I don't get it u lead me on, he said. No Ethan I didn't do u even remember what happened at the party, I asked. No what happened, he asked. You got drunk and yelled at me then hit me, I said.

Oh Caitlyn I'm so sorry I didn't know, he said. It's ok I forgive u, I said. I love u too, he said hugging me. Ok so friends, I asked. Yes friends, he said. Ok I see u later, I said. I tried to talk to hawk but he was being a bitch.

I left to go to the meeting for the all valley. When it started Kreese Johnny and Daniel all walked up to the podium. Kreese gave his speech about working in the army and blah blah blah. It was all a petty speech for them to feel bad for him. He said something about miyagi-do that sent Daniel over the edge. Council person roberts I'm sorry but this guy is selling u and bad bill of goods just a few weeks ago my students were injured by a bunch of his cobra kai's at an abandoned facility, Daniel said.

And who started it if memory Serves ur out of control daughter, kreese said. Hey u leave my daughter out of this u piece of shit, Amanda loved. I knew I always loved Amanda. Ma'ma plz restrain yourself, the counselor said. Johnny started laughing. It's funny that u say that bc I've had to file a restraining order against her for physically assaulting, kreese said.

Assault are u kidding me, Amanda yelled. Maybe I should make the call, kreese said. Amanda was forced to leave. Kreese went on. Horse shit, ur honor Johnny Lawrence eagle fang karate, This man has poisoned the mine of his students and I should know I was one of them, Johnny said. Were we competitive sure but it was all for good sport, kreese said. This man is a thief and an liar, Johnny said.

And he put a live cobra in my dealership, Daniel said. Enough sit down all of u it is clear this karate tournament is causing division and rivalry in our community u gentlemen have made an excellent case today as to why this tournament should not continue, the counselor said.

Wait just a minute, I yelled. Yeah just listen, Miguel said. We walked down to the front. My name is Miguel Diaz I was in the school fight I was the one that got kicked off the second floor, Miguel said. And my name is Caitlyn Braud I was also in the school fight and I was in a coma for weeks, I said. I thought I was gonna be paralyzed i relearned how to stand, I relearned how to walk and I want the tournament to continue, Miguel said.

They thought I wasn't gonna make it, they pulled the plug and I died but something brought me back, I said. We are very happy for y'all's recovery but I'm afraid u don't understand, the counselor said. Yes they do, we are the ones getting hurt, we are the ones fighting our voices should matter the most an we want a place we're we can compete fairly and safely, sam said.

When I first moved here I was bullied and I realized there's no escaping, there's always gonna be a kid that wants to steal ur lunch money or give u a wedge, or give u a swirly, Miguel said. A swirly, the counselor asked. When u dumb someone's head in the toilet and flush it, it's pretty funny actually, Johnny said. He never knew when to stop. Instead of   burring ur heads in the sand and pretending that bullying doesn't exist or that u could just get rid of it, what u need to do is teach kids how to defend themselves, Miguel said. Physical and mentally bc sometimes the scars u can't see are the ones that hurt the most, i said.

Karate is about discipline, it's about inner strength, it's about confidence, ok lesson that u could use for the rest of ur life, Miguel said. We don't know where we would be today or who we would be today if it wasn't for my sensei, me and Miguel said looking back. I could tell he was proud. We don't need this tournament to do cool kicks or to sell tickets, we need it to show the bullies of the world that we aren't afraid and it's called the all valley bc it's for everyone, to give everyone the chance to show what they can do, to fight, to become a Champion, and we deserve that chance, Miguel said.

To be honest I don't get the valley's fascination with karate but if it means that much to all of u and ur willing to sign waivers that the city is not liable, then the all valley under 18 tournament is officially back on, the counselor said. We all hugged and cheered.

I guess we all got what we want but be careful what u wish for, Kreese said.