Chapter 3

"So he's exactly the same." Eren said, sounding a little disappointed.

"I guess." You admitted.

"A clean freak, killing machine that's good with a blade, with a bad attitude and a soft spot only for you." Eren stated, smiling up at you at that last part.

Hm... you guess he hasn't changed....

"I guess you are right." You smiled back at him, but your heads snapped at the screaming Hanjie running towards you guys. "Well, hope you're ready Jaeger." When you looked down, you saw him look already exhausted.

"EREN!" Hanjie was jumping up and down as you hopped off your horse and walked over to help him down from the wagon.

"Please don't let her kill me." He whispered to you and you only gave him an apologetic look.

"Okay so here's what I'm thinking..." You zoned out as Hanjie already explained to you what she wants Eren to do and practice today, which involved him shifting and hardening his skin.

You looked over your shoulder seeing Moblit approach you, giving you a very happy smile, that put you at ease a bit. "Hey Moblit."

"Captain (Y/n)." He nodded. "How are you?"

"Good, getting a little tired of this world..." You sighed out.

"Aren't we all." You laughed through your nose and rubbed the back of your neck. "You know I've been meaning to talk to you about the night we all thought you died." You gulped down. "I'm happy to see you're still alive."

"Thank you... I am happy that I'm still around." You gave him a tight smile.

"Honestly, we would be so screwed without you, like we woul-"

"Moblit." You scrunched your eyes, taking in a deep breath. "I'm sorry, but I don't particularly want to... uh- you know remember that day that much."

"Oh yes, I'm sorry." He waved his hands in apology. "We'll just change the subject..." He laughed out, seeing as Hanjie was still explaining. "So how does it feel having two of your squad members dating?"

"Hm?" You snickered thinking of the idea. "Why would you say that?"

"Oh, just the past few weeks I've seen two of them sneaking in and out of each other's rooms."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" You covered your mouth, not expecting to swear at him.

"Uh-" His eyes darted behind you and your head snapped to see the rest of them arrive, including Levi, along with your squad. You quickly whipped your head back towards Moblit, but he was already speed walking away from you.

"Moblit." You growled, but still keeping your voice down, while trying to get his attention.

"Captain?" You jumped at Ava appearing from behind you. "Woah, are you okay?" She smiled, trying not to laugh.

"I- uh," your head shot back to Moblit, "what is it you wanted to tell me earlier?"

"Oh, uh-" she looked at you hesitantly, "maybe right now isn't the best time."

"Wait... what do you mean?" Everyone turned to Hanjie who called for you all to get in position.

"Gotta go!" Ava exclaimed, turning around to get back on her horse.

"Ava!" You shouted, now frowning because of how annoyed you were with her.

It had to have involved her, there was no other girl in the squad but you... unless... you looked over to Simon and Ekho and you saw Simon slap Ekho for standing too close to him and "invading his space".