Chapter 33: God Mode & Child Mode

*2 Weeks Later*

"Come on Mikasa..." you groaned. "You gotta think harder, or find a different memory where you felt the need to protect someone."

"I'm trying." She huffed out at you.

"If you don't feel it in your feet... you're not doing it right." You sighed and she just glared at you and you frowned at her attitude. "Don't look at me like that." You spat and she quickly averted her gaze, putting herself in that stance and quickly closing her eyes. She inhaled deeply, searching for that memory.

"Are you sure that memory will work for her." Levi said from behind you, and you didn't even bother looking over your shoulder.

"It's the only one she said she can truly remember feeling the need to protect." You huffed out at Levi who was now leaning on a tree.

You watched as nothing continuously didn't happen... she had convinced you that the time she first felt that power grow inside her, when she killed that man for Eren when they were kids, was the memory that would work for sure.

"Well there's a difference between protecting someone and feeling like you owe them a protection." Levi continued to push and you threw your hand up waving him off.

"Go away." You groaned out, finally looking over your shoulder and he scoffed at your rudeness.

"I'm telling you baby, you should really do what I did..."

*Flashback*

"Come on (Y/n)." Levi groaned as you fell to your knees, out of breath again.

"Oh, shut the fuck up." You hissed, throwing grass at him.

"Don't throw shit at me."

"You're annoying me." You whined, sitting on your knees.

"Because you're failing." He spat and you got up from your knees and you pushed past him, bumping shoulders with him.

"Yeah.. thanks." You said, sarcastically and he made a noise of annoyance. "Can we please just call it a day?" You huffed out, leaning against a tree trunk.

"No, you haven't made any progress all week and we have an expedition coming up in a couple of days, if I tell Erwin nothings changed he's going to pull you from it." Levi said as he stood in front of you and you just rolled your eyes.

After a few more minutes of  just staring at him without saying a word, Levi finally stepped away from you.

"Take a five minute break..." he said, "I'll be back." He then turned away from you, walking out of the woods.

You huffed out, exhausted as you sunk back against the tree. You were so exhausted you didn't have any energy to get up anymore and there was no way in hell you were going to let Levi force you to continue with training.

After a few minutes went by of you playing with some grass, you finally heard Levi come back.

"Come on, baby, up." He said now standing in front of you while looking down.

"No." You frowned up at him and he just let out a sigh of annoyance.

"(Y/n), come on, I know you can do this." You could hear in his tone that he was annoyed. "Just one more time."

You let out a sharp exhale and rolled your eyes as you stood up. "Fine."

You walked behind him as shortly after you took your stance, closing your eyes as you tried to find where the source came from while thinking of someone you cared about.