Chapter 23: Flashback PT.2

*In the Mess Hall*

It was dinner time already, you all just came back from training, you didn't sit with your squad this time, instead you were with Ava and your brother. You barely touched your food and Athen noticed.

"What's up with you?" He asked in a weirded out tone.

"Levi and her are having some troubles."

"Ava, please." You said annoyed, you didn't want this to go around. You looked up at her and she gave you an apologetic look.

"Are you alright?" Athen asked, leaning closer from the other side of the table.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You lied and he saw right through it. You looked over your shoulder to see where Levi usually eats, but he wasn't there this time. You let out a sigh as you continued to play with your food, but never taking a bite out of it.

"Hey, (Y/n), I know you're not in the mood to eat and just in a bad mood in general, but can I have your potatoes?" Ava asked you and you nodded pushing your plate to her as you stood.

"I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you guys tomorrow." You said softly and headed out the door.

You paused midway through your tracks, realizing where you were heading, Levi's room. You were so used to going there at night that you forgot you needed to go to your room tonight.

You changed courses to head to your room, your heart feeling heavy as you opened your door. It was so dark and cold, you closed the door behind you and quickly stripped out of your clothes before crawling under your sheets.

Throwing your head against your pillows, you inhaled deeply and your eyes shot open as Levi's smell lingered on them.

And that, that is what broke you. You threw the pillows on the ground, tearing up as you rested your head on your folded arms.

Why was he ignoring you? And why did he not come see you in the mess hall like he always does?

It took you hours to fall asleep as you had way too much running through your mind.

You woke up the next morning with the worst headache in history. You rubbed at your temple as you sat upright in bed. You groaned out as you heard a knock at the door. You jumped out of bed thinking it was Levi and you ran to the door, swinging it open.

"Hi (Y/n)." Hanjie smiled a letter in hand.

"Oh, hi Hanjie." You gave her a slight smile, but she could tell you were disappointed it was her at the door. "What's up?"

"Nothing really, just uh-"

"I'll be ready for training in like 10 minutes don't worry." You tried to reassure her as you went to grab your pants.

"Yeah, uh- about that." She stuttered, walking in and you just froze in your footsteps staring up at her. "This is for you." She handed you a letter and you grabbed it from her hand.

You ripped it open and quickly skimmed through what was written in it. Without saying a word to Hanjie you pushed past her to get through the door.

"Wait (Y/n)!" you heard her call out to you, but you didn't turn back.

You stormed up the steps and kicked open the door of Erwin's office. You walked in, seeing as both Levi and Erwin were bent over the desk looking down at the map.

"What the fuck is this bullshit!" You waved the letter in the air, so he knew what you were talking about.

"(Y/n)-"

"Shut up!" You snapped at Levi, turning your attention back to Erwin, who now stood up straight. "What the fuck is this?" You asked again, never breaking eye contact from him.