Chapter 47: Choices

"Where's Ekho?" He cut you off... you could only stare at him as he waited patiently for your answer. He nodded, knowing what your silence meant.

"Don't tell-"

"ONE OF THEM MISSED!" You looked over at Reiner and saw the explosion, followed by Connie catching Sasha mid air, she was knocked out copletely and you could see blood drip from the side of her head.

You looked over at Mikasa, her eyes wide... you looked back at Reiner and let out a groan in annoyance seeing as his mouth wasn't open.

You took a closer look at his jaw, seeing as his one side was destroyed completely, but his other one was only just damaged, but not enough to have it open... but enough to have broken off the armor.

You shot to him, pulling out your blades.

"Captain no! It's too risky!" Simon yelled at you, but you moved so fast that Reiner didn't have the time to react as you spun on angle where you couldn't be reached and sliced through the jaw, letting out a huge groan when your pulled away. Satisfied with the cut, you watched as his jaw dropped, his mouth wide open and you shot away from him.

"Now's your chance, Mikasa!" You shouted as you swung away and she moved in, dodging his attempts to grab her, landing on his tongue. She stood for a split second before launching the spear deep in his throat and pulling the clip back.

When the explosion went off, both Reiner and her were blown back. As she flew towards the roof of the building, Athen jumped towards Mikasa, catching her and taking most of the blow when they landed on the roof top. You sighed out in relief seeing as she was safe now.

"Hey," you heard Ava and Simon land behind you, "we did it!" She smiled, her face jsut like yours full of dirt, blood and ash. You wanted to smile at her so badly, but you couldn't bring yourself to. You all stumbled at the ground shaking, and hooked onto each other to keep you all upright. When you turned around you saw the Colosal Titans body begin to crumble and fall.

"Get down!" Athen yelled, and his body covered Mikasa's, and you looked over at Jean and Connie who were covering Sasha's body and you groaned as Simon threw his body over yours and Ava's.

Your face was squished up against the shingled of the roof and you all made struggling noises as the strong gust of win now went over you all. When it finally ended, you all coughed up the ash and smoke that entered your lungs from it.

You all struggled to stand up and you could hear everyone coughing now. "Is everyone alright?!" You asked, clearing your throat a bit. You looked up at Connie who was giving you a thumbs up and you looked the other way, to Mikasa and Athen who both stood up now. "Get Sasha somewhere safe!" You ordered the Connie. And you looked over at where Reiners body flew to and saw Hanjie running towards it. "The rest of you, go with Hanjie and take care of him." You pointed your blade to Reiner's body, and Jean and Mikasa took off in that direction, and you were ready to go as well, but turned as you felt a tug at your leg.

"(Y/n)?" You turned to Ava who was on her knees, struggling to stand. "Where's-" She coughed some more, "where's Ekho?" She looked up at you and you could hear the struggle in her voice.

You ordered your squad to follow you and that you would meet up with the rest of them after. When you told your squad to follow you, they agreed to do so in complete silence. You all swung between the little houses left, making your way back to the well.

As you landed, you already felt the pain in your chest again as you spotted his body from a distance. You heard everyone else land behind you and you were quickly bumped out of the way as Ava sprinted towards the body, falling to her knees.