Chapter 45: Captain

"Wait, Armin, (Y/n), Levi!" All three of you paused and turned back to Erwin. "I did say Levi squad, but I need you Levi to stay back."

"To protect the horses and not Eren?" Levi asked with absolute confusion and concern in his voice.

"That's right." Both you and Armin looked at each other now, not knowing what Erwin had in mind.

You definitely needed Levi to help you protect Eren.

"And to strike him down when the time comes." Erwin added, pointing his blade in the direction of the Beast titan. "I only entrust you to take him down." He said, then looked at you. "Plus, I know (Y/n) can handle protecting Eren and taking down Reiner herself."

"Understood." Levi said, now walking back towards Erwin.

W-wait! You couldn't do this by yourself?! Was Erwin crazy?

"(Y/n) you have full control over the special operations squad and your squad, work with Hanjie to take down Reiner and Bertholdt, understand?!"

"Uh- understood." You said, but your eyes locked on Levis.

"Now go!" Erwin ordered you both, and you hesitated for a second but then turned away from them all to go join your squads.

When you landed down in the town, you found yours and Levi's squad together, figuring something out. "(Y/n), where's Captain Levi?!" Eren asked, worried he wasn't behind you.

"He has to take care of the Beast Titan." They all looked shocked. "But I have orders to take over here." You stated and they all nodded, trusting you right away.

"So what do we do?" Connie asked, and you looked over your shoulder at the Armored Titan, he didn't even care about anything else, but whatever was down below him... maybe he didn't see you guys.

"Well, one thing is for sure..." You started, while still looking at the Titan at the top of the wall now. "We need to find where Bertholdt is hiding." You watched as Reiner now looked over at Erwin, for a split second you thought he was going to go in for the kill, but he looked back down at the... horses. "Eren!" You exclaimed, "you need to shift." You stated and they all protested.

"They want Eren, we can't just expose him to them all, they'll close in on him!" Mikasa argued.

"Exactly so giving them the opportunity to see Eren, will not only help us save our horses from getting crushed by him." You pointed your blade to Reiner who was looking the other way from them. "But it might also give Bertholdt an excuse to come out." Mikasa was about to argue again, but you turned to Eren.

"I promise you, I won't let them take you away." You reassured him and he looked down, thinking a bit.

"She's right." He said, still looking down. "It'll work." He then looked up at you.

"When he shifts, we need to hide within the homes and only come out to protect him, if he needs it. Eren, don't run straight towards the fight, let it come to you, I need you to charge in the opposite direction, giving the impression that you're going to run back within the walls." You ordered and they all agreed to your plan.

You all ran between the homes to hide and the huge light of Eren's Titan shift appeared, when you looked up at Reiner, his head was immediately turned in your guys' direction.

You were right, Eren would definitely get their attention. They stared at each other for a few minutes and as instructed Eren turned the other way and began to sprint for the wall.

But Reiner didn't move.

"Shit. Why isn't he chasing Eren?!" Ava said from next to you.

"He knows we're trying to change his target."