Chapter 29: Stiff Thoughts

When the water reached halfway you put just enough soap in to get the bubbles started.

You didn't put too much since Levi doesn't like it when it's too bubbly. He says it's because it covers you up and he can't see your bare body in it.

You laughed to yourself at that thought and you rubbed the back of your head watching the bubbles form as you sat on the edge of the bath.

"Ready?" He asked and you looked up, your eyes lingering on his bare body.

"Almost." You smiled, feeling the water with your hand. As the water rose to the right amount you turned the water off and stood up to sit in the bath.

As you sat in, Levi came in behind you, you slid up to give him room and he sat down, his legs going on either side of you.

You sighed out as you relaxed, leaning your back into his chest. "I haven't been able to relax like this in months." You said, leaning your head back on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I know." He said, running his hands down your arms. "We definitely don't live in the best of times."

"Yeah, we don't." You sighed out. "Hey, do you remember when I said you shouldn't cum in me because I could get pregnant?" You looked up at him as he nodded, but also shocked at your complete switch of conversation. "You were going to say something when I said not to, what was it?"

"Um- hm," he stuttered a little more, "I don't remember..." He cleared his throat and you gave him a confused frown. "Fine... I just wanted to say that I'm not opposed to having-" your head snapped back expecting to see him make a face that he was teasing you.

"You still want kids?!" You asked, wide eyed.

"Well, like I'm not in a rush, just if you happen to get pregnant I wouldn't be... upset." He looked away as he said this.

"Levi..." you trailer off, not exactly knowing how to approach this. "I don't know if I'm ready to have kids just yet. Plus, the world is getting so complicated I think it would be cruel to drag a kid into this life."

He let out a big sigh... you didn't know he wanted kids this bad.

"No, I get it. Plus, like I said before it's your decision." He finally looked back at you, giving you a soft smile and reaching up to brush your cheek.

"Maybe..." You said softly.

"Hm?"

"I don't know, just maybe I wouldn't mind having a kid." You admitted.

To be honest you weren't opposed to the idea now. The only thing stopping you really is how much work you and Levi have been doing since Eren came along, and by the looks of it... it doesn't seem like you'll be getting a break anytime soon.

"To be honest," you continued, "in this world and the life we live in, we could always find an excuse to push back having a kid, maybe it's just me who might have to step down for a while from fighting to have kids." You gave him a slight smile and he continued to rub his thumb alongside your cheek bone.

"(Y/n), I don't think you'll have any problems leaving the Scouts for a bit." He chuckled a bit. "I think the Scouts however will be screwed without you."

"Well then you just have to work ten times harder during my break..." You chuckled leaning into his lips and you kissed him deeply.

His arm wrapped around your lower back and he pulled you in closer to keep the kiss longer.

"Plus, the Scouts have Mikasa now." You said pulling away, and he rolled his eyes at you ending the kiss.

He dipped his hand in the water and pushed it into his hair, wetting it a bit to make sure it stayed in place.