Chapter 42: Night Before Taking Back Wall Maria

Levi said he had to take care of a couple of things before he would come to grab a bite with the rest of you.

As you entered the mess hall, you heard someone already making a special announcement. "This may be a special night, but... let's not let the public find out!" You walked over to where your squad and Hanjie's squad sat. As you sat, Leo quickly noticed you and smiled! Still sitting on Hanjie's lap. "Behave like soldiers without causing a ruckus!" You looked down at the table to the plate full of meat.

"Ou, aren't we lucky?" You smiled and Ava didn't even look like herself, her mouth was watering her eyes dark and husk, just waiting to get some pieces to herself.

"Tonight's the night before we take Wall Maria!" He held his beer mug up and lifted it as everyone else lifted theirs and cheered! "CHEERS!!"

"AVA!" Athen shouted as she grabbed practically half of the plate. "That's too much!"

"ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!" She growled and slapped his hand as he reached for the pieces on her plate.

"No! YOU'RE JUST BEING SELFISH!" You realized Athen was just the distraction as Ekho was discreetly taking pieces off of her plate.

Both you and Hanjie just watched as your squads fought. You forgot how much meat makes soldiers crazy. You wondered how the younger ones were handling this. You looked over your shoulder and almost spat out your beer when you saw what was happening at their table.

"Don't you start pulling that shit, potato girl!" Jean yelled at Sasha, who had the whole piece of meat in her mouth while Connie had her in a choke hold. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Jean continued to yell at her.

"Cut it out Sasha! I-I don't want to have to kill you!" Connie said, still holding her back. You watched as Jean ripped the meat out of her mouth.

"You can't eat the whole thing by yourself!" He scolded her. But he screamed as Sasha took his hand in his mouth, biting down on him. "AH! You're eating me! EATING ME! EATING ME!" Jean cried out.

"Sasha drop it! That's not meat! That's Jean!" Connie pleaded, pulling back on her.

You picked up a few pieces yourself calmly now that your table has calmed down, but Ava was pouting, and your jaw dropped when Sasha punched Marlo in the nose, who was sitting across from you now. She continued to thrash frantically, punching her arms left and right while Connie tried his best to put her to sleep.

"Seems like we have casualties." Moblit said, chewing his food.

"Whose brilliant idea was it to serve meat?" Hanjie asked, taking a bite out of her piece now. "At Least now we know blowing the food budget for two months for one night will result in this." She added as you all continued to chew on your pieces.

You turned to the tap on your shoulder only to find Leo, eating some bread, not touching the meat you put a side for him.

"What's wrong?" You leaned in for him and he pushed a piece of meat in your mouth, taking you by surprise.

"Eat." He stated, picking up the second piece of his to feed it to you again. "You need it all for tomorrow." He frowned and you blocked him from giving you anymore.

"I have enough Leo." You said, pointing at the strips of meat on your plate, and you turned to Ava who was pouting at her meatless plate.

The girl already finished her extra pieces too?!

"Go give some to Ava." You pushed and he looked at you a little longer, almost as if he was double checking to make sure you didn't want them. "Go on." You smiled. He turned and stood up on the bench, grabbing Ava's plate, she looked up at him confused and almost grabbed her plate back, thinking he was going to steel some potatoes. She paused however, seeing him push three pieces on her plate.