Chapter 50: Season Finale

*At the Ceremony*

You stood in front of your squad, fixing last minute stuff on them so they looked more professional. You fixed Ava's collar as it was folded weirdly. You looked up in her eyes, dusting off the crap that was on her shoulder, before pulling her closer to you. "Keep your head up and stand tall in the ceremony." You ordered her. "After that you're done." You reassured and she bowed her head to you. You walked over to Athen and you scoffed at his hair.

"What?" He laughed.

"You look like an idiot." You mocked and he tried to go to mess your hair up, but you slapped his hand away. "Come here." And he walked to stand in front of you. You went on your toes and brushed through his hair with your fingers. As you continued to try and fix it, you heard footsteps from behind you. You looked over your shoulder to spot Levi, leaning against a post, watching you. You turned back to Athen fixing it as best as you can, but it just wasn't turning out nice. "There is no fixing this." You said shaking your head and you both snickered.

All of your heads turned towards the sound of Floch's voice raising. "It should have been the Commander, not you." He walked up to Armin. "I'm not the only one that thinks it either. We all do. Everyone who read the report thinks the same thing: why wasn't Erwin the one picked?"

"I swear I'm going to beat the shit out of that kid." You heard Simon as he stomped towards you, but you grabbed him to calm him down.

"What the hell do you know about Armin?!" Eren growled out, while making his way in front of Armin.

"Nothing at all." Floch spat back. "I'm not his childhood friend, and we're not pals either. But even I can still tell you why Armin was chosen. It's because you two and Captain Levi brought your emotions into it." You looked at Levi, who showed no emotion towards the situation as he just stared at what was happening. "You thought the injection was all yours, and you made an irrational decision! Basically it was too hard for you to let go of someone important."

Eren now got right in his face as Armin sulked from behind. "You better shut your mouth." He muttered.

"Eren, I bet deep down inside, you always think you're right. That's why you never gave up in the end. Just like a brat that won't listen." You could visibly see the rage coming off of Eren now, and Mikasa put her hand on his shoulder to get him to relax.

"Eren, just leave him alone." She said.

"Mikasa's the one who behaved like an adult." Floch continued. "At least when Captain (Y/n) held her back, she gave up in the end." Her face dropped and she removed her hand from his shoulder.

The both of them were pushed away by Jean. "What the hell is wrong with you two?!" He groaned, holding them both back. He turned to Floch. "Let's not do this at a funeral for our fallen comrades, alright?"

Connie now approached. "What's done is done, so let's just drop it."

"And you guys... you didn't stand up to your superiors." Floch now faced the two. "You didn't even stop Eren and Mikasa. All you could do is watch." They both took a step back. "Medals for what?" Floch raised his arms. "A funeral for who? You guys better start telling the truth when it comes to enlisting new recruits. That way you won't get cowards like me joining by accident. What the hell are we supposed to do now without Erwin?!"

Levi now turned away from them, that same look on his face that he had on the roof in Shiganshina. You walked over to him, letting go of Simon while pushing him back a bit. "Don't get involved you pointed at him." You stood next to Levi now and placed your hand on his cheek. "Look at me." You said and he did, without hesitation. "We're going to be okay." You reassured. "There was no way in telling which decision was right, but regardless we're going to continue moving forward." He stared in your eyes a little longer, before angling his face to kiss the palm of your hand. You both turned to a man clearing his throat and he said that it was time for you guys to get ready to head up.