Chapter 39: A Tough Loss

*1 Month Later*

You walked towards everyone who now circled around the edge of the wall. You spotted Eren and Levi and took your place next to them. You stared at Hanjie for a bit, watching her shake with anticipation.

"You're late." Athen said taking his place next to you and you scoffed.

The amount of times he's been late to things, he had no right to be annoyed.

"Got distracted with Leo." You admitted and he nodded as you both watched titans approach Eren's hardened figure against the wall.

"You think it's going to work?" He whispered.

"Hanjie's inventions usually do." You said flatly, you winced however at the sharp pain in your abdomen.

"You okay?" Athen held your arm, seeing as you bent over a bit, and Levi turned around slightly at the question. You perked yourself back up, trying to ignore the cramping feeling and to make it seem like nothing was wrong.

You watched as the titan now reached for the human bait between the trap and once he was in the right spot, the log was dropped, crushing the titans nape completely.

"Ooh!" Hanjie shook even more now. "A direct hit on the nape!... This could be it."

You all watched closely and were impressed when the steam now shot itself out of the titans nape.

"We did it!" Her fist went in the air. "That's a twelve meter titan crushed!" As she cheered for her successful trap, your eyes focused on Eren as he fell to his knees.

Poor kid, he must be exhausted.

"Hell yeah, with this we can kill titans without a single soldier fighting!" Hanjie was still chanting, not noticing Eren's growing tiredness and his... bleeding nose. "SAY HELLO TO THE EXECUTIONER FROM HELL!" She spun around to thank and get excited with Eren, but she paused at the sight of him on his knees bleeding and Levi kneeling next to him, handing him a cloth to wipe his nose. "Eren?" She asked, concerned.

"He probably overused his titan power." Levi said, still watching over Eren. "All he's done is hardening experiments lately." He added.

"Sorry.... Eren." Hanjie's face was full of guilt.

Eren looked up at her. "There's no need to apologize." He reassured her. "Who gives a damn if I'm tired." Your eyes widened at Eren's eagerness. "Let's hurry, make weapons, and get going... to Shiganshina."

You followed everyone else, knowing you would have to go to a meeting after in Erwin's office, but you winced again after every step you took. You felt a hand on your back and looked up at Ava.

"You alright?" She asked.

"My stomach's really off today." You admitted, pushing on the side of your abdomen.

"Do you have to use the washroom?" She asked bluntly and you shook your head.

"I have to go to the meeting." You countered and she grabbed your hand.

"(Y/n), if you're not feeling well we should take care of that first."

"No, Ava I'm fine-"

"Athen." She cut you off, and your brother came.

"What's up sweetheart." He came next to her, looking at you holding your side. "(Y/n), are you sure you're okay?"

Fuck... maybe you weren't...

You shook your head, finally admitting to not being okay and Ava grabbed you to walk away with you.

"Tell either Hanjie or Levi that (Y/n) will not be making it." And you heard Athen agree and run off.