Chapter 21

"Hanjie?" You sunk to your knees to get a hold of her. You turned her body and saw her eyes were still closed.

You took her face between your hands. She was still warm, you put your finger to her neck and he hear was still breathing.

"She's alive." You sighed out in relief, tightening the strap around her shoulder tighter to slow down the bleeding.

"Good," Levi said, landing next to you, "but we can't waste anymore time. We gotta¸ carry her out and we gotta continue on with the plan."

"But-"

"Hanjie would want us to." You cut Jean off.

And they all knew they had to move forward if they wanted to get Eren back, so Armin and Moblit bent down to pick up Hanjie and carry her out to the wagons, while everyone else would go find Eren and Historia.

As you all proceeded, with Moblit and Armin trailing a bit behind, you all paused at the net covering your exit. Everyone's eyes were drawn to a small entrance way that was blocked off.

"It's gotta be the way through if it's all blocked off." Levi said, looking at it.

Your heart dropped at the sudden burst of light appearing from behind the netted hole.

"That's a Titan transformation." Levi stated and you all shielded your eyes.

"EREN!" Mikasa shouted.

You all knelt down to get a better grip of something as a strong gust of wind came.

You looked up as the ground began to shake and rubble began to fall. "Th-this place is going to collapse!" Sasha yelled from behind you.

"Captain!" You all turned to Armin's call. "The hole!" He pointed up to the now open hole.

"Armin! Moblit! Get Hanjie and get the hell out of here!" He ordered.

You watched as they rushed her out, but before you all shot for the hole, sneaking in and hurrying to wherever it led to, you ordered your squad to assist with Hanjie and to keep a close watch on Kenny's squad.

With you and Mikasa at the front rushing through and everyone following shortly after you, you spotted Eren tied up while Historia was trying to set him free.

"Eren." Mikasa said her eyes widening and you both rushed towards them. There was a huge gust of wind sending Historia flying back.

"Historia!" Eren cried out. But before she could go flying into the wall behind you, you jumped forward and caught her in your arms.

"You okay?" You asked, cradling her.

"Captain (Y/n)." She held onto you, relieved to see you all.

Not too long after, Levi came down with the rest of the squad. "Give me the key!" He yelled and you took them from Historia's hand, throwing them to him.

"Captain? You guys..." Eren said, crying as Levi and Jean ran to loosen the chains, and Connie crawled up to him, struggling against the strong wind.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" You asked Historia and she shook her head, both you and Mikasa helped her up as you heard Connie announce that he was loose, but your eyes quickly looked up at the ceiling that was starting to crumble.

"Th-that's way bigger than the Colossal Titan." Sasha said, her voice shaking as she neared you all.

"Levi, look out!" You shouted, seeing as the rubble was falling straight for them.

"Get back!" You heard him order them all and they dragged Eren back with them just in time as the rubble now completely destroyed the platform Eren was tied to.

Mikasa went to help them bring Eren all the way back, with you all now pushed up against the wall, you finally realized that there was a possibility that there was no way out. With the titan growing this much, blocking all of your escapes.

"Shit! There's no way out!" Jean said what you were thinking.

You all just stood there, staring at this titan forming... weirdly. You put your head back closing your eyes, knowing that your mind was blank of any ideas to get you guys out. They quickly shot open as you felt a hand rest on yours, you looked down to see Levi's, who also just stared blankly at what was unfolding in front of you all.

You squeezed it tight, scared that this... this was it.

But you groaned out, letting his hand go, not wanting to go down without at least doing something.

You turned over to a shriek, and watched as Eren sunk to his knees, tears escaping the corner of his eyes uncontrollably. "I'm sorry everyone...." He sobbed and everyone looked down at him. "I've been nothing but useless... Ever since the beginning, I was never the hope of humanity..." He paused as his eyes locked on something.

"What's this? You think you're some tragic hero?" Jean sneered, still looking down at him. "When have you ever accomplished anything by your strength alone?"

"What a weakling." Connie chimed in. "We've been through much worse than this."

"Not that I wanna get used to it!" Sasha growled out, closing her eyes in annoyance.

"It's going to be hard to navigate through this." Connie said, shielding his eyes again.

"It's useless we can't escape!" Eren cried out.

"So what?!" You now spat. "We do nothing? And just sit here till we burn and are crushed to death!"

"You know I hate doing this to you everytime, but..." Levi now stepped forward so Eren could get a better look at him. "Eren. You've gotta make the choice." You could tell in Levi's eyes that he truly did feel sorry that he always puts these responsibilities on Eren.

For a second he paused and looked at you both, his eyes darting between the two of you, and you saw... sadness in his eyes. You knew he was thinking about your old squad and the choices he made that day.

He quickly turned around and grabbed something as he yelled and started to run in the direction of where he was tied up.

"Eren!" Mikasa tried to reach for him, but he was too far ahead. You heard a shattering noise and you were blinded by Eren's transformation light.

After shielding your eyes from the bright light, you looked back to see Eren in his titan form, but with the blue crystal like things growing out of him.

"What... the?" Connie gasped out, looking as the hardening skin grew beyond Eren's body.

"Everyone!" All of your heads snapped to Levi. "Get under Eren!" He ordered and you all ran under him and watched as the pillars began to crumble and fall.

You couldn't see pass Eren anymore, you all huddled into each other, keeping you all as close as possible. When you looked up, everything was blocked, you couldn't see anything at this point. You covered your ears as Eren let out a huge roar, shaking the ground under you and everything around you turned to that ice blue along with Eren.

A/N: HELLLO! So I know sorry not such an entertaining chapter and sorry it's so short but here we are!!

I really hope you guys enjoyed and I love you all.

-Jules