Forgotten Memory

Years earlier, when (Y/n) was alive

You were watching Alastor as he was butchering the dead woman he tortured to death carefully and with precision. He barely left a mess that wasn't the table he was butchering on.

"Enjoy what you see my dear?" His manic grin softened, turning into a casual smile.

You nodded, smiling alittle. You've gotten used to the smell of blood in your nose, and the sight of a mangled body. When Al first started doing this, it made you feel sick. It was a natural physical response.

Once he was done butchering the body, he grabbed a towel and wiped his hands. He looked at you thoughtfully.

"So (Y/n), I have a question." He said as he put surgical gloves on.

"Yes, what is it?" You responded, grabbing a trash bag for him.

There was a minute of silence, like he was collecting his thoughts before speaking.

"When you die, where do you think you'll go?"

The question wasn't what you expected. You expected any other question but not this one. It was odd to ask.

You took a moment to think, you didn't really believe in heaven or hell honestly. You didn't think much of the afterlife at all.

"Well..." You started. "I believe that there's nothing after death. It's just a void of nothing." You looked up to see Al looking at you curiously.

"Is that so..?" Alastor chuckled a bit then walked up to you while taking the gloves off. "Well, let's make a wager then."

You looked at him confused. "A wager?"

He nodded. "Yes. When you die, and you end up in a city instead of the so called void you imagine, then you get to be my puppet."

You seemed to be more confused. "What do you mean? How would that work when we die?"

He gently tilted your chin up to look at him, your heart beating faster. "I guess you'll just have to find out." He then kisses your lips softly.

~~~~

Present time, (Y/n) PoV

You looked straight into his crimson pooled eyes, his fingers tilting your chin up.

"Now do you remember my dear?" He grinned widely. You flinched at his touch and glared at him, which made him chuckle even more.

"Why would I even keep a promise that I don't remember making? Is this just some game to you?" You turned your head away and walked to the other side of the bed away from him. You couldn't walk far, since you were chained to the bed.

The static in the air seemed to intensify a bit, you hit a nerve. "Everything is a game (Y/n), it always was from the start." He started walking towards you.

You backed up till your back was pressed against the wall. "This whole time. From the begining. It was a just a game to you?"

Alastor nodded. "Yes, though-"

Before he could finish, you both heard a loud splintering crack at the door. You looked over and saw a baseball bat make yet another hole in the door.

You heard a familiar voice giggling as Vox entered the room, now making the bright teal color clash with Alastor's red tinted room.

The static began to intensify, causing a minor headache. You looked at Vox, who seemed to be annoyed.

"How did you get here Vox?" Alastor spat. He waved his hand and his staff materialized in his grasp again.

" That doesn't matter. I need to retrieve (Y/n)." He replied calmly. The air grew thick with unspoken tension.

Alastor laughed darkly, nothing like you've heard from him before. "Is that so? In afraid she belongs to me."

You saw Velvet enter behind Vox, she was skipping towards you while holding a bat in her hand.

"Looks like your in a bind Doll! Let's get you out of here before things get violent." She grabbed your binds and started dragging you towards the door, only to be stopped by the chain around your ankle.

She looked at the chain and swung her bat, causing the chain to break from force. Alastor looked at you and before you could run, he grabbed your thin arm tightly and pulled you close to him.

The static grew louder and his grip tightened, to the point where it started to hurt. You winced.

"I̵̦͂ ̸͔͊s̷̬̆a̶̩͌i̸͌͜d̸͙͗,̵̱͘ ̵̳͗s̴̗͑h̵͎̕e̴͌͜ ̴̧͌b̶̜͊è̸̠ĺ̴̫o̶̙̕n̷͋ͅg̶̳̚s̴̹̆ ̶͉́t̷̖̃ö̵̘ ̸̗͛m̵̻̕e̵͙̾.̸̭̀"̵͖̅ Alastor's voice became horrifically distorted. You started to see static in your vision and you felt the shape of his hand shift.

When you looked, his hand appeared to now be boney and unnaturally elongated, but his iron grip never faltered.

The static became defending and you couldn't hear anything else. As your vision became more blurry, you saw Velvet lunge for Alastor and Vox seemed to be yelling and about to attack before your vision was consumed by white static.