Relaxed Day

You, Cherri and Angel had a fun time at the house, chatting away, dissing Sir Pentious, Val and any other demon that pissed them off.

You felt great. You had your friends again, and for once in hell, things seemed okay.

Letting time go as you enjoy your company, you didn't notice the kitchen timer going off till someone said something about it.

"Hey (Y/n), the kitchen timer is going off." Cherri pointed to the direction of the kitchen.

You panic slightly, not wanting to burn anything. Rushing to the oven, you quickly grab the pot holders and took out the fluffy looking cupcakes, setting the sheet onto the stove top.

Sighing, you turn off the timer. "Good thing you were paying attention Cherri, otherwise I might've not heard it."

As a reply, she shot you finger guns and continued a conversation with Angel.

While the cupcakes were cooling down, you decided to make a blue and red swirl frosting, so they had the colors of Vox. You think he'd like if they resembled him. 

When you finished decorating the cupcakes, Angel walks up to the counter and grabs one of them, and takes a big bite out of it. He looked content while eating the Vox inspired cakes. 

"That was really good (Y/n)! I never had a cupcake this good before. I can't remember the last time I had one actually. Hey, Cherri! You should try one, their the best!" Angel waved for Cherri to come over. 

She tried one too, and she had the same opinion about them. It made you happy that your friends like your baking, and maybe you can bake for them some other time in the future aswell. Cherri also complimented on the decorations, and how well they resemble the Overlord. 

"So, do you think he'd enjoy these?" You asked, wanting some reassurance. They both nodded. 

"Hell yeah! If he doesn't like them, I'll blow up his electronic face!" Cherri said, laughing at the end. It made you all chuckle too. 

After awhile of chatting away, you had to slap Angel's hand away from the cupcakes, telling him that the rest are for Vox, and maybe next time you would make cupcakes specifically for him. Angel liked the idea of you making more cupcakes, so he backed off.

You looked outside and notice that it's starting to sunset. You told Angel and Cherri that they should leave before Vox gets back home. Cherri agrees, while Angel pouts a bit; complaining about how he wants to chat more since he doesn't know when he'd see you again. You promised that he'd see you sooner rather than later. Satisfied with your answer, he gets pulled out the door by Cherri, who now is shit talking 'The old man', refering to Sir Pentious.

Chuckling a bit at her remarks, you waved and closed the door behind them. Hopefully you can see them again soon. 

Once they left, you headed into the guest room that Vox is letting you stay in, and you sit on the bed.

When you had a moment to unwind from the visitors, you began to wonder why Vox and the other two plan on killing Alastor.  You then remember that Vox and Al have been rivals since Vox became an Overlord.

You grabbed the paper you stole from the study and read it over again. It showed details on how to corner The Radio demon and be able to kill him easily.

As you read, something inside you started to burn, welling up inside you like anger. It was a similar feeling when you saw Rosie and Alastor kiss at school, all those years ago.

Suddenly, you heard the front door open, interrupting your thoughts and you frantically stuff the page under the pillow. Satisfied that it couldn't be seen from a glance, you get up and make your way back to the front room.

"I'm home (Y/n)!" Vox called down the hallway as you shut the bedroom door.

"Welcome home." You responded, walking to the front room. "I made you something while you were gone, I hope you don't mind."

He tilted his head. "Oh? What did you make?"

You smiled softly, and pulled out the cupcakes you made earlier. You did "ta-da" jazz hands when you set them down.

Vox looked please try surprised. "You made these?" He picked one up in his hand and inspected the decorations. You nodded.

"They kind of look like me!" He chuckled a bit and popped the whole thing in his mouth. He looked to be savoring the cupcake, and he was content with eating it.

There was a bit of silence whole he was chewing away at your food.

Once he swallowed the cupcake, he smiled. "That was delicious! You have to make these again sometime (Y/n). And I love the work you put into the decorations."

Butterflies began to flutter around in your stomach as he complimented your baking skills. He really wants to eat your food again? You never really took much thought in your cooking skills before, maybe you should cook more.

After he was done eating another cupcake, he told you that he was going to be in his study for awhile, and if you needed anything, you could knock on the door. You nodded, but became a bit anxious that he would find out that you took one of his pages of notes.