Late Night Talks

You're in a black void, simply floating in the silent, cold space. You weren't sure why you were here, or how you got here. The last thing you remember is white noise and static. Now everything is quiet, almost peaceful.

You wonder what's happening to Vox, Alastor and Velvet. Are they okay? Why are you worrying over Alastor...

Suddenly, in the dark void, you started hearing whispers from all around you.

The whispers periodically got louder over time till you heard your name being called, almost like a chant. Some of them sounded like they were screaming and some are crying.

~~

You woke up with a start, breathing heavily. Looking around the room, it seemed you were back "home", with the three V's. You looked over to where you knew the clock was. It read 2:30AM.

How long were you out? You had no idea. It's not like you could go back to sleep, not with that dream.  

Sitting up, you turn in the lamp next to your nightstand and sigh heavily. You begin to miss the "normal" life you used to have in the living world. The was just, to much to handle.

You look over at your nightstand again, and you see your mask intact. But it had a large crack going from the bottom of one side, to the top of the other side. It looked like it was glued back together.

A soft knock was heard at your door, and you look up. "Yes?"

The door opened, and you saw Vox enter and close the door behind him. He seemed to be Calm and collected this time. He mostly looks annoyed at something.

"So your finally awake (Y/n). How do you feel?" He asked you, standing at the end of the bed.

You sighed, running a hand over your face. "I don't know really, I just woke up from a weird dream."

"Want to talk about it?" He decided to sit himself on the edge of your bed.

You begin to tell your Dream to Vox. He nodded as you explained.

"And then I woke up." You placed your hands in your lap, unsure what to do. You looked up at Vox.

"I see. Well, I'm not an interpreter of dreams, but it seems like your subconsciously guilty over something." He stated, looking at you with a failed reassuring look.

"Oh." Is all you could muster up to say. You fidget with a nearby pillow.

There was a few minutes of silence between you both, a question floated into your head.

"What happened after I passed out in that room?" You looked at him with concerned eyes.

He sighed and leaned back. "The situation was new, but the tension wasn't. We've always been rivals ever since I became an overlord."

You nodded. "That makes sense. But did you get hurt at all?" You couldn't help but feel guilty if he did.

"I did, though it's all healed up now. Or at least mostly. You've been asleep for a few days (Y/n)." He scooted closer to you on the bed, still keeping his distance.

"Oh..." You said , looking down at your hands. You've been trouble for them almost from the start. "I'm sorry I got you all into my mess. I should just listen to him, shouldn't I? Then all this would stop."

He shook his head. "I don't believe the conflict between him and I would ever be over. But it has gotten worse since you've showed up."

There was another long pause of silence.

"I'm sorry for getting in the way, of everything."

He shook his head. "It was inevitable once Alastor took interest in you. Once he sets his sights on something, he doesn't stop until he gets it."

"Hm..." You began thinking. Maybe there was a way to threaten him into letting you go.

Deciding that you'd think about it more later, you asked Vox about the other two.

"Well, Val isn't happy about what you did. He said "The prize shouldn't be damaged like that again."

"Prize?" You were confused. 

"Nevermind that, do you remember anything of what you and the walking radio were talking about?"

"Well....I do remember some of it." You answered honestly. "Apparently we made a deal when we were alive. I don't remember making the deal though, so I don't believe it should still have an effect."

"You say 'We', do you mean Alastor?" Vox asked. You nodded. "You realize he hasn't been alive since the 30's right?"

"I might've forgotten about that..." You looked away, embarrassed that you forgot about something as that. Didn't you read about him at some point?

"Anyway, so you made a deal. You should know he takes those to heart. He won't let one go so easily."

"So I've noticed." You mumbled, hiding your face in your hands. How were you going to get out of this mess?

Vox stayed in your room for the rest of the night to keep you company and you both talked about various things. You begin to think that Vox isn't as bad as he seemed to be sometimes.