Escape

You felt sick to your stomach after he left. You just slid down onto the floor and rested your head on the door. You both were partners in crime when you were alive. And that got you sent to hell. 

You deserved it though, you killed many people. And almost your best friend. your stomach began to have a painfully numb feeling, like you got stabbed. Holding the area you sighed, wondering what you were going to do now. You wanted to be as far away from Alastor as you could, but you were to tired to do anything.

Maybe a nap before running away would sooth your nerves a bit. You lied down and stared at the ceiling. 

Someone knocked on the door. Rolling over, you stared at the door. "Yes?" You called, not bothering to get up. A short pause followed.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay...?" Charlie's muffled voice came from the other side. "Alastor told me what happened...And...I want to help."

Help? In what way would she be able to help you? You took a moment to think and maybe she could help you get out of this mess. 

"Fine, I'll let you help." You rolled over, facing the wall, a headache forming.

"Really?! O-okay, uh.." She paused a moment before she spoke again. "Dinner is downstairs if your hungry." You heard footsteps get quieter, assuming she left you be.

You closed your eyes and felt a bit more relaxed now that everyone left you alone. It was relieving, you haven't slept since you got here.

~~

You woke up feeling groggy. You don't remember any of your dream, not much has changed there. 

Sitting up, you look out the window. The sky was dark red, and had black clouds in the sky. Wasn't the sky a lighter shade of red earlier today? Maybe it's how the cycles work here. 

You got out of bed and opened your door slightly, and looked around the hall. There was no movement and the lights were dimmed. It's probably the middle of the night so they would be asleep. 

You thought about going out through the front door, but concluded that it would be to loud. You didn't want anyone to know that you're leaving this early. 

Looking back at your window, you sigh and close the door. It's probably the 'safest' option for escape. You opened the window and looked outside, the lukewarm breeze hit your face. It was refreshing from the stuffy air of the hotel. 

You leaned out of the window and looked below you. There were a bunch of bushes lining the wall and your window looked about 5 feet off the ground. At least Charlie put you on the first floor.

Crawling onto the window sill, you stared down at the bushes like they were going to hurt you somehow. This was probably your only chance of escaping the hotel an away from Alastor. You needed to get away from him somehow.

Taking a deep breath in you jumped, plummeting to the bushes below. It was a smooth but rough landing as you felt the twigs scrape against your skin. Well worth the little damage.

After a minute you stood up and brushed yourself of of loose twigs and leaves that were stuck on you and tangled in your hair. 

Feeling satisfied, you made your way back into the city. It was surprisingly still very busy for this time of night. Most of the night clubs and bars were open and packed with people. It kind of reminded you of Vegas when you were alive.

Walking down the street, you were a bit wary of the stumbling drunks around the sidewalks and alleys, you didn't want to be caught up in someone like them.

After awhile, you felt lost. You had no idea how to get back to the Hotel, not like you really wanted to be there. It was your only source of living space in this place, and you don't know anyone else whose as generous as Charlie.

Then something clicked. Maybe Mimzy would be able to help, since you don't want to go back. You looked around you, but you couldn't find her bar. You were in an area you don't recognize. This can turn out bad, very quickly.

Well the situation could be worse, you suppose. 

~~

A while later after walking around some more, you ended up in an area that was lit up with blue and pink neon signs an animated stripper signs. You suppose it wasn't a good idea to be hear so you picked up the pace and keep your head low and unnoticeable.

While you were lost in thought, you bumped into someone and fell on your ass. You yelped in surprised and grumbled a bit. You looked up to who you bumped into and it was a petite girl with large, fluffy pigtails, a puffy sleeved tea-length dress and stripped finger-less gloves.

The woman was staring at you with pure white eyes. There was a short, silent pause between you two before she beamed with happiness. Her sudden reaction was a bit jarring.

"Mr.V is going to like you!" She spouted. She proceeded to grab your arm and drag you down the sidewalk with you stumbling behind.

Mr.V? You were confused, but went along with it, not much you can do other than that, otherwise you might end up dead. Keeping your mouth shut, you stayed silent.