Snooping Around

After dinner, Vox headed out to town. He didn't tell you exactly where he was going, but he said that he's going to be gone for awhile.

You decided to stay at his house while he was away. It seemed to be a better idea than going out and getting kidnapped again, or worse.

Grabbing one of the last dinner rolls left, you ventured to part of the house you have yet to see.

The house seemed to be bigger on the inside than outside, and it looked really nice too. It feels like one of those houses that you feel too broke to be in.

There were a fair amount of rooms besides the one you were staying in previously too. A guest bedroom, a study, a small recording studio, and a room with various knick knacks and hobby looking things.

Curiosity got the best of you when you discovered the study. You walked in quietly, almost like you were on a stealth mission.

You walked over to the desk, which was a mess with papers and pens scattered across. You had an urge to organize the desk, but didn't want Vox o know you were in here when he got back.

Looking around some more, there was a window behind the desk, overlooking a very nice backyard with a pool and hot tub.

Turning back around, the papers were still bothering you. Heaving a sigh, you say at the desk and started picking up the papers and stacking them, scanning what they said as you went.

Some of them described plans for Valentino's club, remodels and the like. Others seemed to document some events from past exterminations.

There was one document about future plans during the exterminations. One involving Alastor.

Reading further, and trying to track down the missing pages, you learned that they somehow plan on having an Exterminator kill him on the day.

You decided to fold the last paper describing the plans and put it in one of your pockets. You just hope that Vox just forgets that he wrote the details or ended up throwing the paper away somehow.

Before you left the room, you spread the papers around the desk like they weren't touched in the first place. Hopefully that doesn't alarm him at all.

You went outside to the back porch after getting out of the study. The backyard looked nicer up close than far away. And there was a slight warm breeze in the air.

Walking around outside, you found it peaceful and relaxing. It seemed like all your stressing thoughts went away.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door. You snapped back in reality and went to check who it was. To your happy surprise, it was Angeldust!

You gave the gay spider a tight hug, and he patted your shoulder. "Angel! How did you get here?" You asked.

He chuckled as you let him go. "Big ol' Val gave me the day off, and on the way out TV face said to go to his place. And now here I am."

You smiled and closed the door once he got inside. "That makes sense. Hey, so, how is everyone at the hotel?"

He frowned slightly, it was almost unnoticed. "They're doing alright I guess. Vaggie is still snippy, Charlie is worried about you. And she blames herself a lot. As for the strawberry pimp, I haven't seen him in weeks."

"Isn't he the second manager of the hotel though?" You asked.

Angel shrugged. "I think so but I don't give a shot really. It's just a bit odd, usually he doesn't leave the hotel unless he has some business to take care of."

There was a bit of silence after Angel talked. You could imagine what sort of things Alastor would be doing away fr the hotel. Kidnapping you would be one of them.

"Hey, Angel?" You started.

He looked curious. "Yes slut?"

"Do you want to stay till Box gets back?"

He thought for a moment and shrugged. "Why not? I don't have much else to do. Hey! Do you mind if I invite Cherri?"

You shrugged. "I don't see why not, but maybe text Vox first? It is his house after all."

"Yeah, yeah I'm on it." He waved a hand in dismissal and walked away when he pulled out his phone from his chest fluff.

When Angel left the room, you sighed quietly. You weren't sure exactly what you wanted to do.

Looking towards the kitchen, you got an idea. Maybe you could surprise Vox by making something. Like a cake or homemade brownies.

When you were deciding what to make, Angel comes back in with a happy face.

"Vox said it was okay for her to be here, as long as we don't make a mess of the place." He stuffed.his phone back into his chest fluff.

"Awesome! I also have a question. Would Vox like Brownies or cakes better?"

"I think he would like cake, but not too sweet." Angel replied.

You nodded and then pulled out one of the cookbooks that Vox has laying around. You begin looking for a cake recipe that he would like.