Troubles

"Tobi" I called out as I walked out towards to entrance. I could see the outlines of a figure sitting on the floor, lightly snoring. It seems like Tobi fell asleep waiting for me and since he was right about our food stock running low, I decided to go out to find food.

"Oi TOBI" I yelled louder, looking towards him. Tobi's body sat straight up, obviously startled by my voice. I looked down at him and waved my hand, gesturing him to get up. "SENPAI.." he said while yawning, his voice sounding happy and high pitched as usual.

"We're getting food supplies hm," I said, opening the door of the entrance, the cave doors slide up as I gesture Tobi to wait. After the door opens, we both step up and jumped towards the land, since the cave is very much underground. We walked a little further, before Tobi spoke up, his curiosity spiking.

"Senpai why are we going now? it's almost nighttime..." Tobi questioned me, adjusting his mask. I shrugged and looked a him, giving him a very brief reasoning. "Going through the sky nighttime makes it difficult to spot us" I stated simply as I unzip my detonating clay pouch, I grabbed some of my detonating clay and let the mouths in my hands chew it up, making it easy to shape. After the detonating clay is spat out, I shaped it into a bird and threw it on the ground, allowing it to grow into a bird.

"DEIDARA SENPAI..."

here we go again.

"Your art is so beautiful!" Tobi complimented cheerfully, the enthusiasm in his voice booming. I rolled my eyes but deep down it made my heart warm. Compliments usually don't get to me but this one made my heart jump, I tried to hold back my smile as much as possible. Someone from the Akatsuki finally acknowledges my art.

I turned to Tobi and smirked proudly. "My art is superior Tobi...hm," I said to him, as I walked towards my detonating clay bird. I got on and gestured Tobi to get on as well.

Tobi complimenting my art is very wholesome and even though I hate being with this guy, it makes it tolerable if he's going to sit there and compliment my talent. As we took off I looked back at Tobi, who was mesmerized by the view below. Whatever I still don't like being around this guy. He pisses me off.

We went to the nearest shop, I got down and reached into my pocket, gathering little of what Kakuzu has lent me, I swear to god Kakuzu is getting cheaper and cheaper with our finances.

"Should I follow you Deidara Senp-"

"You stay there Tobi, don't move and don't touch the bird..hm.." I said walking towards the shop, not looking back.

After I have gotten all of the foods we needed, I walked out to find Tobi talking to the bird. Which is both weird and funny.

"Tobi you know my art doesn't talk right," I said, walking towards him with the food. He looked back at me and chuckled embarrassingly, he nodded and got on the bird.

"I thought I could try to make friends with it Deidara Senpai" He replied admittedly, as I place the food inside an empty space in the bird. I looked back at him and said "I doubt my bird would want to talk to you Tobi, hm" I said, before allowing the bird to fly off.

As we flew through the moonlight I felt Tobi's hand tap my shoulder, I look back to see him pointing at a burning village. Another village attack huh? things around here never change.

"Its just another village attack, hm, " I said calmly, knowing how casual this is. In fact, I even bombed a village once or twice, it was pretty fun watching all the people blow up with it.

"Deidara Senpai.." Tobi called out as if I was miles away from him. His voice is so high it leaves my ears in this high pitched ringing at times.

"what Tobi.." I responded, obviously more annoyed.

"Tell me more about your art"

My heart jumped. He wants me to talk about my art? to him? he'll listen? but he isn't even interested in art. He doesn't even do art, his mask is probably the only arts and craft item he has ever done.

"Why should I? you don't even know real art, hm," I said, looking back at Tobi who is now looking towards me with his hands gripping his cloak.

"I just like hearing you talk Deidara Senpai, even if it just to scold me or to babble about art, your voice soothes me," he said, sounding cheerful as usual. I rolled my eyes and looked back in front, the stars in the sky were as beautiful as ever.

"You don't have to flatter me, Tobi.." I said quietly, admitting that it is nice but also annoying because I felt like it wasn't sincere.

"Do you hate me, Senpai?"

"YEAH I DO, hm "I turned to him, eyes glaring. The frightening look I gave him made him jump a little, his leg fell a little to his side and I turned forward.
Suddenly the bird's weight got lighter and I turned around to see Tobi no longer there.

"DEIDARA SENPAI" He yelled as I saw him fall, the gravity pulling him faster than expected.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath, I directed my bird to fly towards Tobi to pick him up before his fall. My heart racing as I worry that I wouldn't make it in time.

Is this how I lose my newly appointed partner? Did I kill him with my glare? How will I explain this to Pain?

My bird opened its mouth and grabbed Tobi by his Akatsuki cloak. His beak gripping onto the orange masked man's sleeve. The bird slowly landed and I got off, walking towards Tobi.

"Oi Tobi are you okay?" I asked, sounding almost worried. I sat down next to him as he looked back at me, then let out a loud laugh.

"Deidara Senpai you don't hate me, you saved me and asked me if I was okay, it's okay to care for your-" I hit Tobi's head before he got to finish his sentence.

"SENPAI THAT HURTS"

"I swear to god Tobi, stop playing around, will you? hm.." I could feel my anger fuming as he just took advantage of my effort to save him. I walked back towards the bird and glared at Tobi. He got up and walked towards the bird, sitting back on.

NOT EVEN A THANK YOU.

"Thank you Deidara Senpa-"

"Fuck off," I said loudly, before flying off with Tobi back on my clay bird.

I don't care about Tobi, I just wanted to save him. Keep my partner alive. I can't keep on losing partners, not that it hurts but its a pain in the ass. Just when I started liking this guy, he makes me hate him again. Jesus Tobi, when will you ever learn.

I hate this man so much.